Attention: WW be counted...

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

XL_Carbon

by XL_Carbon

Hey guys (gals), thanks for submitting your info to the "How many bikes do you have?" thread. Keep them coming.

If you haven't done so already, please go to the thread and be counted.

http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum ... hp?t=42369

It's a great way for members to know just how passionate we are about our bikes: lightweight or otherwise.

The single bike member is welcomed as well as the member with a collection that seems a little too obsessive. ;-) :-D

Whether you believe that quality over quantity or quantity over quality is better, be counted. You won't be discriminated...really!

Just keep in mind that only report the current number of bikes you have, i.e., personally have/own. If it's half built or being built include it too.

If you feel you have to include your son's, dad's, girlfriend's, wife's bike then go ahead as long as they're in the same household.

theremery

by theremery

I really wanted to know how many bman88 has ;)
come one bman
a) how many does your lady think you have?
b) how many do you REALLY have? (and yes....you must count any out on "long term loan" (a very good hiding technique....practised for many years by many bike afficionados) and any that you are deliberately keeping as spares (i.e. whole bikes....just not currently assembled))

:twisted:
Updated: Racing again! Thought this was unlikely! Eventually, I may even have a decent race!
Edit: 2015: darn near won the best South Island series (got second in age
-group)..woo hoo Racy Theremery is back!!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

theremery

by theremery

If you feel you have to include your son's, dad's, girlfriend's, wife's bike then go ahead as long as they're in the same household.

errrrrrrrrr....that adds a willier anniversary, Giant TCR2 Aero (both my g/f's), 3 extra MTB's (1 son's, 1 nephew's 1 daughter's), a giant ocr (niece's) a scott speedster (nephew's) and a quite tidy little brian phillips (elder daughter's)steel bike (80's) to my previous number (5)......ewww....ummmmm.... 13 in total big family (since my niece and nephew have been staying with us over 1 year.....fair to count them) is my excuse. Luckily....we have a "bike room".
Updated: Racing again! Thought this was unlikely! Eventually, I may even have a decent race!
Edit: 2015: darn near won the best South Island series (got second in age
-group)..woo hoo Racy Theremery is back!!

Skillgannon

by Skillgannon

Why is there the need of a thread to bump involvement in another thread? :?

Please and wtf
This board would be a nicer place if everyone would take themselves less seriously.

I almost miss Mr Search...

XL_Carbon

by XL_Carbon

Skillgannon wrote:Why is there the need of a thread to bump involvement in another thread? :?

Please and wtf

I'm kinda confused myself that this thread got moved from the Road section to Cycle Chat. My intent was to let Road members (any member) know that there is a "How many bikes..." poll thread so that they can participate. Usually, the first stopping point for members (certainly in my case) usually is the Road section and they wouldn't know of the poll unless there was mention of it. Anyway, I guess it's more appropriate here as it stands.

MrCurrieinahurry

by MrCurrieinahurry

i think cos its just a chat topic. most people check all the threads anyway. bar the mtb one of course..... (just kidding)
tikka
Formerly known as Curryinahurry

Skillgannon

by Skillgannon

XL_Carbon wrote:I'm kinda confused myself that this thread got moved from the Road section to Cycle Chat. My intent was to let Road members (any member) know that there is a "How many bikes..." poll thread so that they can participate. Usually, the first stopping point for members (certainly in my case) usually is the Road section and they wouldn't know of the poll unless there was mention of it. Anyway, I guess it's more appropriate here as it stands.

My comment was based on the time it was in the road section, but it has been moved to cycle chat because it is cycle related chat. If it was a research project of some type that you'd gotten mods approval for, they probably would have let it slide being in the road forum, but lets be honest, it's a pretty damn pointless thread. Threads in cycle chat get a simmilar amount of reads per post as they do in road, so you'd have to assume that the greater majority of WW's at least check out Cycle chat.

All good though :)
This board would be a nicer place if everyone would take themselves less seriously.

I almost miss Mr Search...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

evenfasterson

by evenfasterson

currieinahurry wrote:bar the mtb one of course.....

Ouch! That hurts. :(