I am a fat f#ck.

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

VT to CA

by VT to CA

Off the bike for around a month due to injury first, and then I got nailed with this flu that's beating up SoCal... finally out on the bike with some guys from my team today, and feeling, naturally, sluggish and in pain. One dude mentions that I got "yoked", as in "dude, you been working out or what? Your upper body looks bigger..."

After the ride I jump on the bathroom scale at my girl's place. I've put on... wait for it... 25 pounds in a little over a month! :shock: :shock: :shock: . I was 149, now I'm right around 175. For 5' 11" that means I am officially a chunky monkey.

Time to get back on it...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

5 8 5

by 5 8 5

You've been following the advice to "feed a cold, starve a fever" then :lol:

Seriously, are you sure the scales are accurate?

pritchet74

by pritchet74

25#? I just don't see how that's possible - were you eating McDonald's for every meal of every day????

GonaSovereign

by GonaSovereign

Twenty-five pounds in a month? Are you pregnant?

Peith

by Peith

25 lbs.....how old are you?

mdeth1313

by mdeth1313

pritchet74 wrote:25#? I just don't see how that's possible - were you eating McDonald's for every meal of every day????

nah, they did that movie already, didnt they?

Ritterview

by Ritterview

Floyd, is that you?

Landis losing hope?

By Susan Westemeyer

Floyd Landis has put on ten kilograms, or about 22 pounds, and is not training. "Why should I?", he told Sportwereld.be. "But I still put in some time each week on my bike.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?id= ... feb26news2

VT to CA

by VT to CA

Okay, just got back from a quick weights session at the gym, used the scale I usally use (the one I was basing my 149 on) and I'm actually at 166, so I've only gained 17 pounds... I guess my gf's scale is pretty innacurate.

Also, one of the trainer's there says if I've been injured and sick and lying around for a month, probably five pounds of that gain is "water weight"... so, I'm not quite as bad as I thought, but still... yo.

xcfisher

by xcfisher

Don't feel too bad. I was off for about 3 weeks with the same flu you had. I gained 10 lbs and and am just getting my strength back. I did a 3 hour ride today and felt like crap, but a week ago I couldn't even do a 1 hour ride... the weight is falling off.

djconnel

by djconnel

BMI 23.17.... I think that's below average for a weight weenie, based on the "which sub-100 gram stems work well for >100 kg" type posts I've seen....

linus

by linus

Just added 25lbs by working in my shop for the last 2month. :cry:

HanSolo

by HanSolo

I seriously miss these posts since I've left Bike Forum. I heard Pcad is the RyanF over there now eh?

Anyways, to your point, 25# are quite a lot but they can easily be lost within the next few months (at least 3 months) with a more disciplined schedule. I still don't understand how you can gain that much weight. Anyways, keep off the beers.

VT to CA wrote:Off the bike for around a month due to injury first, and then I got nailed with this flu that's beating up SoCal... finally out on the bike with some guys from my team today, and feeling, naturally, sluggish and in pain. One dude mentions that I got "yoked", as in "dude, you been working out or what? Your upper body looks bigger..."

After the ride I jump on the bathroom scale at my girl's place. I've put on... wait for it... 25 pounds in a little over a month! :shock: :shock: :shock: . I was 149, now I'm right around 175. For 5' 11" that means I am officially a chunky monkey.

Time to get back on it...
Everything can be drilled, except tires.

HanSolo

by HanSolo

Did you guys see Floyd during the CA tour prologue in Palo Alto? Poor guy.
Everything can be drilled, except tires.

de zwarten

by de zwarten

I put on 3 kgs in the last 4 years. In the meantime, I have spent 2000 euro to get rid of 3 kgs bike weight. Who is the dumbass here? :lol:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Skillgannon

by Skillgannon

Wow I'm feeling good (well better) now that I've managed to keep my weight stable for 13 months of forced off the bike. Of course, I've lost all my muscle mass and converted it into fat, but :roll:

Don't worry, if you can put it on in a month, a few months of good solid training will burn it off. Think of it as extra motivation to really train hard.
This board would be a nicer place if everyone would take themselves less seriously.

I almost miss Mr Search...