I am a fat f#ck.

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

rustychain

by rustychain

You got the wrong flu dude!
I got the "east coast" flu an lost 6 lbs after a week off the bike. My winter weight is now in line with my racing weight. Perhaps this year I can look like the Chicken :shock:
WW Velocipedist Gargantuan

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

HanSolo

by HanSolo

Ha ha. I think we can all agree that a flu is not something good to have, regardless of type.

rustychain wrote:You got the wrong flu dude!
I got the "east coast" flu an lost 6 lbs after a week off the bike. My winter weight is now in line with my racing weight. Perhaps this year I can look like the Chicken :shock:
Everything can be drilled, except tires.

ThasFACE

by ThasFACE

The year after I graduated college I tore my acl. I weighed about 170 (6'2") at the time but was quite fit (running and lifting lots). After my knee reconstruction I reacquainted myself with my xbox and stacked on 30 pounds in two months before I realized it. Took me the better part of a year to gain back a semblance of leanness.

It's damn frustrating how easy it is to undo a tremendous amount of work.

cyclemanpat

by cyclemanpat

I had that "middle coast" flu and was off the bike for 2 weeks and i LOST 5 lbs. Went down to 141 lbs. Now i am back eating and riding and am back up to my usual 146 lbs.
to go faster....just pedal harder!

Cat1

by Cat1

I had the opposite happen. In December I had back surgery, was off for 2 months and lost 8 lbs due to muscle atrophy.

djconnel

by djconnel

de zwarten wrote:I put on 3 kgs in the last 4 years. In the meantime, I have spent 2000 euro to get rid of 3 kgs bike weight. Who is the dumbass here? :lol:

2000 Euro for 3 kg???? That's dirt cheap. Heck, people pay 2000 Euro to save 200 grams from Cervelo, 120 grams from Trek.

DocRay
Banned

by DocRay

I've been doing three spinervals DVDs a week on my Kinetic, three easy spin days , one day off. At three months, my overall weight has gone down 12 lbs, but my % body fat is way lower and my muscle mass is up.

This hard winter makes road riding impossible, snow is piled up everywhere.

Losing weight is just math, calculate your caloric output based on lifestyle from simple calculators, count what goes in, it should be less equal to what goes out, the rest is lost by riding. This is good for 1-2 lbs/week safely.

But if you eat fast food, forget it. you can gain 2,000-3,000 kcal in one meal eating that shite, and it all goes to fat.

BTW, muscle does not convert to fat, or vice versa. Water weight means nothing.

strobbekoen

by strobbekoen

Is it normal to gain so much ?
I mean, if you don't work out, you are supposed to be less hungry.
My weight's been stable for 10 years at least, even during periods i don't train, I never gain more than a few kg.
15lbs in 30 days, that's scary.

ThasFACE

by ThasFACE

strobbekoen wrote:Is it normal to gain so much ?
I mean, if you don't work out, you are supposed to be less hungry.

In my case I kept eating like I had been pre-injury, which meant large amounts of food. Also, I started eating _way_ more trash than I should have. Specifically, there's a burger place near me that got a lot of my business. Jackson Hole, it's called. Texas Cheeseburger, medium, with fries (well-done) and a coke. Delicious.

Once I got to the point where my knee could handle any kind of decent workout, the first 10 lbs pretty much fell off. So, maybe the gain was only like 10 a month. Still made me feel fat as hell, though.

DC41

by DC41

Welcome to my world! :thumbup:

At least you guys are realizing the weight is there and doing something about it. I waited until I gained 100lbs before I started doing anything about it. It's a constant fight. :?
Self-Proclaimed Resident Master Fattie - Vicious DC Slither

Mr.Gib

by Mr.Gib

You are 5'11" and 166...

I am 5'11" and 190 lb with only 10% body fat. I don't even have a great deal of upper body muscle. I could lose 10 or 15 at the absolute most. Consider yourself lucky. How would you like to carry my mass up a hill?

geraldatwork

by geraldatwork

Mr.Gib wrote:You are 5'11" and 166...

I am 5'11" and 190 lb with only 10% body fat. I don't even have a great deal of upper body muscle. I could lose 10 or 15 at the absolute most. Consider yourself lucky. How would you like to carry my mass up a hill?

I'm 6' and 210 lbs, now thats mass. Being almost 60 doesn't help either.
"Really fast people are frustrating, but they make you faster. When you get faster, you might frustrate someone else."

2009 Trek Madone 5.5 Project One SRAM Force 16.4 lbs w/pedals and cages.
2007 Bianchi 928 Carbon Lugged- SRAM Rival-17 lbs.

Jaker

by Jaker

Ditto. I'm 5'10-1/2", and maybe 10-12% body fat and weigh 192-193 right now. When I was at my peak fitness while racing in '98-99, the lowest I could get was 174-175lbs (4% body fat). I looked really gaunt and emmaciated. Many of my friends and family thought I was ill.

Anyone want about 20 lbs of leg muscle? I could certainly do with the weight reduction.

rgkicksbutt

by rgkicksbutt

On the lighter side of things (since this is WW's) I'm 6' 3.5" and come in at 135-140 lbs, the scary thing, I was sick (ruptured appendix) for 2 weeks about three years ago, and lost 20 lbs in those 2 weeks, came back pretty quick though.

Mr.Gib

by Mr.Gib

Jaker wrote:

Ditto. I'm 5'10-1/2", and maybe 10-12% body fat and weigh 192-193 right now. When I was at my peak fitness while racing in '98-99, the lowest I could get was 174-175lbs (4% body fat). I looked really gaunt and emmaciated. Many of my friends and family thought I was ill.

Anyone want about 20 lbs of leg muscle? I could certainly do with the weight reduction.

Yes that is the thing - my legs look like I stole them from a world class sprinter but for me they are just extra weight that I have to rotate around and around. It's like riding with rims that weigh 20 pounds each.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com