Leogrande admitted using EPO and testosterone?

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

pritchet74

by pritchet74

I just had this emailed to me. Wonder if anything will come of it....

PRESS RELEASE: Stolen Underground's Secret Recording States Leogrande used EPO and testosterone
02-23-2008

Stolen Underground secretly recorded former Rock Racing staff member Suzanne Sonye's account of Kayle Leogrande admitting to using EPO and testosterone during Super Week of 2007 after being tested by USADA.

To watch the video please visit www.su13.us and remember to support our cause and Suzanne. This was a difficult decision for us to release this recording because...

Stolen Underground was not given permission to secretly record Suzanne or to play the video/recording that we have made.

We sincerely apologize to Suzanne but we feel that it is in the best interest of the anti-doping movement in cycling that this information be released now, as opposed to later on in the season when it will eventually come out during court proceedings regarding the lawsuit by Kayle "JOHN DOE" vs. USADA.

We feel as the undisputed leaders of the "REAL" anti-doping movement that the world needs to hear the facts straight from the horses mouth.

The guiding principle of Stolen Underground is to keep it real to the highest level and to share all information with our supporters without fear of repercussion. We have always been completely honest with our supporters and will continue to speak our minds to fix the sport of cycling when need be.

We apologize to Suzanne for any hard feelings but we strongly feel that everyone needs to hear this recording and in doing so will help the case and to bring public support of Suzanne.

Recently Michael Ball was quoted on the Versus Network during coverage of the Amgen Tour of California as saying that he believes in giving people 2nd and 3rd chances as long as they are progressing in life. We also believe in this, but ask Mr. Ball, "How do you call lying about doping, and suing USADA progressing in life regarding to Kayle Leogrande? How could you possibly call that progressing in life, when this lawsuit will take away money from USADA that could be used to fight doping?"

Stolen Underground suggests that the UCI and USA Cycling immediately suspend Kayle Leogrande and the entire Rock Racing team from further competition in 2008, and deny them starts in every Pro Tour event.

Rock Racing has knowingly rehired a rider who has admitted to the Rock Racing Staff in 2007 of the use of EPO and testosterone.

Thank you for your support.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

legs 11

by legs 11

What can you say.......guy gets busted then gets busted by a load of lynchers??
Is it like wild west style conviction without trial?
Leave the law to the people in the system, thats my opinion.
You can't just make the law, its there to protect the guilty and the innocent too.
Pedalling Law Student.

RollinOn27s

by RollinOn27s

Sorry, but a taped, recorded (phone?) conversation is not a video, nor is it evidence of anything at all.

I can get my mom to record a conversation between her and my dad swearing that Rasmussen was clean, and that doesn't mean it's the truth.

rustychain

by rustychain

I will not address the subject of possable guilt. This looks like a witch hunt to me, not the way to put forward your claim of doping. As these doping scandles move forward it looks to me like EVERONE has an aggenda.
WW Velocipedist Gargantuan

Mr.Gib

by Mr.Gib

RollinOn27s wrote:Sorry, but a taped, recorded (phone?) conversation is not a video, nor is it evidence of anything at all.

I can get my mom to record a conversation between her and my dad swearing that Rasmussen was clean, and that doesn't mean it's the truth.

Do you think that the person who is being secretly recorded is speaking truthfully?

CharlesM

by CharlesM

So a secrete taping of a second hand account...

:roll:

Looks like the suite against USADA might be one of two cases here, the second from Suz versus "lil-matt"?

RollinOn27s

by RollinOn27s

Mr.Gib wrote:
RollinOn27s wrote:Sorry, but a taped, recorded (phone?) conversation is not a video, nor is it evidence of anything at all.

Do you think that the person who is being secretly recorded is speaking truthfully?

I have no clue. They very well could be.

But a non-official (not a wiretap, etc.) recording, with no names of the two people talking mentioned, is hardly evidence. Again, you and I could call each other, put it on speaker phone, start a tape recorder, talk about Paolo Bettini, and call that evidence of anything. Is it? Most certainly not.

Hyde

by Hyde

I didn't like the whole website. It smelled of over anxious Witch Hunters. I'm all for convicting the guilty but that's too much like teenage activism.

MaestroXC

by MaestroXC

Exactly. Matt DeCanio's current attitudes make David Walsh look like Bjarne Riis.
Zealots beware.

Mr.Gib

by Mr.Gib

RollinOn27s wrote:
Mr.Gib wrote:

But a non-official (not a wiretap, etc.) recording, with no names of the two people talking mentioned, is hardly evidence. Again, you and I could call each other, put it on speaker phone, start a tape recorder, talk about Paolo Bettini, and call that evidence of anything. Is it? Most certainly not.

In situations such as this one must always question motivation. Why would the lady on the tape lie? If there is no reason to lie then she is likely telling the truth. And if she was lying then why is this clown suing to stop test of the B sample?

2002SaecoReplica

by 2002SaecoReplica

Mr.Gib wrote:
RollinOn27s wrote:
Mr.Gib wrote:

In situations such as this one must always question motivation. Why would the lady on the tape lie? If there is no reason to lie then she is likely telling the truth. And if she was lying then why is this clown suing to stop test of the B sample?

Um, because his A sample was negative and WADA's own rules state that if the A sample is fine you can not, under any circumstances, test the B sample. The lawsuit was to get WADA to follow it's own damn rules.
- Zipp rims will break if you look at them too hard
- R-Sys wheels will spontaneously explode
- The ZG crankset will never, ever exist
- Everyone needs Lightweights, even if they're fat and old
- Parts actually made of metal are SO 10 years ago

ElDuderino

by ElDuderino

There's so much to say here, but I can't.

But really, it's hysterical that people on this forum keep defending, or rather, keep giving the benefit of the doubt to all these "suspect" riders. It's starting to piss me off, actually.

2002SaecoReplica

by 2002SaecoReplica

ElDuderino wrote:There's so much to say here, but I can't.

But really, it's hysterical that people on this forum keep defending, or rather, keep giving the benefit of the doubt to all these "suspect" riders. It's starting to piss me off, actually.

How he is "suspect"?
Has he failed a drug test?
Has he been caught with any illegal substance on his person?

If you're okay to dally in rumor and hearsay that's fine, but it's not proof of anything.
- Zipp rims will break if you look at them too hard
- R-Sys wheels will spontaneously explode
- The ZG crankset will never, ever exist
- Everyone needs Lightweights, even if they're fat and old
- Parts actually made of metal are SO 10 years ago

CharlesM

by CharlesM

So a guy who didn't fail a drug test and is simply going to court to defend himself a clown,

But a guy who couldn't hack it in racing even with being an admited doper and now runs a website featuring pictures of himself flexing his abs between two blue flashing lights while selling cars deserves the benefit of doubt when posting an unverified recording of a second hand account?

I look at "Lil Matt" and and am kinda sad, as I support some of what he's for and used to really like him as a rider.

Now it seems like he's simply using dope to try and get some attention and popularity in cycling again and this way doesn't work either.

Dude be pissed if you want, I respect that as I don't like doping either....

I get pissed too.

At folks tossing people to the wolves when they themselves would HATE to be judged under similar conditions in their job...

Kale may very well be dirty and if it's proven out, then FU*& him. Personally I like to see both sides of it because there's good dope fighting and there's BS like what happened to Moninger... I hate to see someone lose a living based on anything that isn't solid.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Rodrego Hernandez

by Rodrego Hernandez

ElDuderino wrote:There's so much to say here, but I can't.

Very true, there are always ways for the cheats to keep one step ahead so maybe it's time to fight them via alternate means. Not letting Astana ride the Tour sends a pretty harsh message that even if you're too clever to get caught, you'll lose out in the end.