Pedal Force Wheelset Group Buy

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

shn750

by shn750

Any check out the incredible group buy they have going on for carbon wheelsets? Those prices are unbelievable.

I'm setup on the RS2 frame group buy but now I'll need to look at these as well. Damn it...more money to spend.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Skunk

by Skunk

They sure make it annoying for you to find out the prices.

*prices removed*

Does anyone know if these are all 2008 models?
Last edited by Skunk on Fri Feb 29, 2008 8:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

DC41

by DC41

PedalForce responded to my email... yes they are 2008. I've signed up. Anyone else thinking of getting a few extra pairs for ebay? :twisted:
Self-Proclaimed Resident Master Fattie - Vicious DC Slither

Briscoelab

by Briscoelab

I emailed to see if we can get the cyclocross versions of the wheels. Or at least get the 20/24 spoke option for the DV46 tubular. No response as of yet.

Chasen1211

by Chasen1211

interesting...any link to this? know a couple teammates who maybe interested...

Skunk

by Skunk

http://pedalforce.com/online/product_in ... c6beadb775

Should I get 404s or DV46s? What's a better deal? They'll be tubbies.

Johnny Rad

by Johnny Rad

Makes my recent purchase of used '06 DVULs look not so financially sharp - ugh! Does one have to buy a bike from them in order to participate in the group buy?

shn750

by shn750

Johnny Rad wrote:Makes my recent purchase of used '06 DVULs look not so financially sharp - ugh! Does one have to buy a bike from them in order to participate in the group buy?

This group buy is separate from the frame group deal. You do not have to buy the frame in order to purchase the wheelset

Briscoelab

by Briscoelab

So, I found out you can specify if you want the 16/20 or 20/24 spoke build for the DV46 wheels.

snoballz

by snoballz

Briscoelab wrote:So, I found out you can specify if you want the 16/20 or 20/24 spoke build for the DV46 wheels.

I actually sent them an email asking the same question, whether we could choose the spoke count. I haven't received s response yet but looks like you already did.

How do we specify the spoke count?

8)

Briscoelab

by Briscoelab

snoballz wrote:
Briscoelab wrote:So, I found out you can specify if you want the 16/20 or 20/24 spoke build for the DV46 wheels.

I actually sent them an email asking the same question, whether we could choose the spoke count. I haven't received s response yet but looks like you already did.

How do we specify the spoke count?

8)

They told me to just tell then when I sign up and it will all be good.

snoballz

by snoballz

Skunk wrote:They sure make it annoying for you to find out the prices.

In case anyone is interested they're charging:

REMOVED

In response to your request, please find below our group buy price list. Note that this is a private, non-official offer. Until the group buy is confirmed we reserve the right to change or withdraw the offer.

Please do not publish the content of this email, including our offer prices, on the internet. Thank you.

:roll:
Last edited by snoballz on Fri Mar 07, 2008 3:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

JonnyOrbea

by JonnyOrbea

Yeah, i will be signing up for a couple of sets of reynolds wheels at that price. Probably the MV32's for My new Orbea Orca.
Jonny

Reynolds Cycling

by Reynolds Cycling

For anyone considering this deal, a few points to consider:
This is not an authorized dealer; therefore any purchase through them is ineligible for Warranty and RAP (Reynolds Assurance Program) programs. This also goes for ebay purchases.
If they are purchasing these wheelsets from Reynolds under another name (they are not purchasing under Pedal Force), they are violating our dealer agreement.
We will not sell direct to any dealer, online or otherwise, who advertises below our MSRP.

Thanks,

Ryan Barrett
Reynolds Cycling

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

53x12

by 53x12

Reynolds Cycling wrote:For anyone considering this deal, a few points to consider:
This is not an authorized dealer; therefore any purchase through them is ineligible for Warranty and RAP (Reynolds Assurance Program) programs. This also goes for ebay purchases.
If they are purchasing these wheelsets from Reynolds under another name (they are not purchasing under Pedal Force), they are violating our dealer agreement.
We will not sell direct to any dealer, online or otherwise, who advertises below our MSRP.

Thanks,

Ryan Barrett
Reynolds Cycling

Interesting. I wonder where PF gets the wheels from? If PF still makes a profit off these it shows how big the mark up really is.