Duke's on Queen is no more...!

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderator: Moderator Team

DocRay
Banned

by DocRay

Huge fire in Toronto last night, by 7:30am, Duke's on Queen had completely collapsed. The fire started 5 buildings away.

This was a 95 year-old four-generation bike shop that sold everything to everyone, including snobby weenies.

Mr.Gib

by Mr.Gib

Nice people, solid bike shop. Hope they rebuild soon. I shop there a fair bit.

by Weenie

GonaSovereign

by GonaSovereign

You could smell smoke all around for kilometers. Duke's had apparently taken a lot of its 2008 inventory, so a lot of carbon just melted. All those Cervelos will look more like Pinarellos.

Stegger

by Stegger

Damn, I have actually been to that exact shop when I visited Canada about 9 months ago and saw my first Cervelo SLC-SL right there.
Very friendly customer service and LOT of really nice equipment on the walls.

I hope they get the shop up and running again :!: Really really bad luck for them.

swinter

by swinter

GonaSovereign wrote:. . . a lot of carbon just melted. All those Cervelos will look more like Pinarellos

OK. That's just sad.
"I can't understand why people are frightened by new ideas. I'm frightened of old ones." -- John Cage

http://weightweenies.starbike.com/phpBB ... 928#126928

linus

by linus

It is not that nice to see shop that I use to shop burning up. :(

I miss home.......

amos

by amos

I've been told they're already looking at new locations and still plan to be at the Toronto bike show in a few weeks. Hopefully the new location has some of the "character" of the old building.

by Weenie

DocRay
Banned

by DocRay

amos wrote:I've been told they're already looking at new locations and still plan to be at the Toronto bike show in a few weeks. Hopefully the new location has some of the "character" of the old building.

..and sprinklers.