admitting to non-WW behaviour

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderator: Moderator Team

MaaseyRacer

by MaaseyRacer

Alloy stem, bars, cranks, and bottle cages. King stainless steel cages on the training bikes, and King Ti on the race bike. Ultegra chains on training bikes.
2011 Specialized S-Works Tarmac SL3 (If the insurance allows)
2010 Specialized Tarmac Pro
2008 Custom Columbus XLR8R Frame (Team Branded)
2006 Specialized S-Works E5 Aerotec - Stolen
1995 Pinarello Stelvio (Fixed Gear)

by Weenie

DocRay
Banned

by DocRay

Ok, since we're all friends here, I leave my valve caps on and my bar tape is 8g heavier than it could be. And my water bottle cages only cost $30.

Great to finally get that off my chest.

Clevor

by Clevor

- On my C50, I'm using the stock Colnago expander plug for the steerer at a whopping 57 gms. That Star fork is pretty expensive plus it has a WC paint job to match the frame so I ain't taking any chances . . .

- I refuse to spend $80 on a Tufo Elite as a spare so I bought their 260 gm SX33 tire for $34. It's not easy finding cheap tubulars. Problem is it doesn't fold very well. Good thing I use a Camelback when I ride tubulars. I considered the Vittorio Rallys made in Thailand for $17 a pair, but at 300 gms each - I draw the line . . .

- On my TCR Comp I, I'm not going to bother to upgrade the Ultegra shifters and front derailleur that came with the bike, since they work so well. I AM getting rid of the FSA MegaEXO crank though (850 gms). Again, I draw the line . . . Despite this, I do have the bike down to 15.1 lbs.

- I use a 1790 gm SH-W560 and 260 gm Hutchinson Long Distance tire with my trainer. The latter must have the thickest tread area I've ever seen on a road tire.

- I do love my set of Black Shamals - at 1998 gms and all!

bigskyTi
in the industry

by bigskyTi

I carry two big bottles of water for every ride. My tool kit also seems to weigh about three lbs.

Good God, I also have heavy bar tape, and alloy cranks.

I'm still under the UCI limit with pedals though, can I still be in the club?

rustychain

by rustychain

I replaced the center cogg of my record all ti cassette with steel..oh the guilt, I know people are looking at me on my frankinbike..............I now ride with a paperbag on my head instead of a helmet
WW Velocipedist Gargantuan

bobbyOCR

by bobbyOCR

Clevor wrote: Good thing I use a Camelback when I ride tubulars.

???

really.

Sportives?

If it works for you.......
Cyclist turned music producer

Visiting South West Australia? Visit Crank n' Cycles!

Razor

by Razor

Alloy stem (4 axis), bars (ITM), cranks (Record). I won't use carbon on those areas, hell no. Also cary 2 CO2's, mini pump, spare tube, patches, tire lever.

mic2377

by mic2377

I am highly anti-WW in my saddle choice (as long as it doesn't pass 325 grams). All of my bikes, even my Klein Q-pro, have Fizik Gobi Ti saddles on them.

Also, I would prefer something that is STIFF. I hate "noodly" bikes!

Lastly, for my winter/cross bike, it weighs somewhere around 25 lbs. But, it is a 60 cm frame, and bulletproof enough to mountain bike on terrain that is challenging on a hardtail. Plus, it has disc brakes, which are fabulous for nasty winter weather.

Ya gotta draw the limits somewhere. I would love to ride a CR1 all the way through winter, but definitely cannot afford, and don't want to hassle with it.

Less bike fixing = more riding time = happier, fitter me....

Cheers~
2007 Nashbar Cross - Campy 10/Discs
2000 Cannondale XR-800 - Coming soon....
2006 Klein Q-Pro
2006 Cannondale F3 Caffeine

"usque ad finem"

spoke n words

by spoke n words

Mods: can all the above posters be banned for life?

:wink:

Zeed

by Zeed

alloy stems, bars and a good saddle. Those are things I will never shave weight on. Pedals as well.

Phill P

by Phill P

The least WW thing on my bike is ME :shock:

My home loan isn't very WW friendly either......

downhill1234

by downhill1234

I only really care about WW on my race MTB. Even then, durability comes first. A reasonably light and durable hardtail is around 19-20lbs without sacrificing your firstborn.

Most of the winter i ride a 30lb fila from 1990 with cheap $8 cx tires on it, and my road racing bike is almost 18lbs with an ergomo.

sawyer

by sawyer

DocRay wrote:Ok, since we're all friends here, I leave my valve caps on and my bar tape is 8g heavier than it could be. And my water bottle cages only cost $30.

Great to finally get that off my chest.

WHAT??? :lol:

why the valve caps doc ray? my bottle cages are 21g each which I am ashamed of but have recognised the problem and want to move forward

DocRay
Banned

by DocRay

sawyer wrote:why the valve caps doc ray? my bottle cages are 21g each which I am ashamed of but have recognised the problem and want to move forward

It's a disorder OK? Normal people get it too, not just actors...

ohh...I'm soo heavy...

BLAAARGGHH.

by Weenie