ENVE black posts and stems

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

drmutley

by drmutley

Hi All,
Im trying to source a seat post with black ENVE graphics on it, but all i can seem to find is white.... do they still do them in black on black? or will i have to resticker one to suit? need one in 27.2....

cheers Harry

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

greentimgreen

by greentimgreen

I recently bought black on black Enve stem and seatpost, but in 31.6mm. I had to ask for a 'custom' paint job from Enve, which was easy enough as I was in the process of buying a Parlee frame at the time, and I understand their workshops are next door.

I have seen black on black in 27.2mm, they come with the Cannondale Black Inc. bikes, but I'm pretty sure you can't buy them off the shelf.

Hope that's of some use.
2014 Parlee Z-Zero DADi2 & ENVE (6.2kg)
2015 Colnago C60 RSWH Campag Chorus & Mavic SLR (c.7kg)

drmutley

by drmutley

greentimgreen wrote:I recently bought black on black Enve stem and seatpost, but in 31.6mm. I had to ask for a 'custom' paint job from Enve, which was easy enough as I was in the process of buying a Parlee frame at the time, and I understand their workshops are next door.

I have seen black on black in 27.2mm, they come with the Cannondale Black Inc. bikes, but I'm pretty sure you can't buy them off the shelf.

Hope that's of some use.

Thanks GTG... Very useful... I'll shoot them an email...

kode54

by kode54

the sticker solution isn't great...and tends to not be the best solution as the Enve logo is slightly enlarged to mask over any white below. Also, there's a circle of Enve logos and the sticker only uses a black round circle to cover it up. i found a few parts on eBay from someone that parted out their Cannondale Black Inc. bike. there's no small circle of Enve logos...only the one large logo in place of where the white one goes. the paint is high quality as it comes from Enve as an OEM supplier to Cannondale. i've never heard that you can order them that way from Enve.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

kode54

by kode54

greentimgreen wrote:I recently bought black on black Enve stem and seatpost, but in 31.6mm. I had to ask for a 'custom' paint job from Enve, which was easy enough as I was in the process of buying a Parlee frame at the time, and I understand their workshops are next door.

Hope that's of some use.

was the cost of the custom paint additional?

i'm wondering if you can send in older parts to get refinished in black logos.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

greentimgreen

by greentimgreen

There was a small additional cost, but frankly a drop in the ocean of a big build price (!). Not sure if it was a favour for Parlee or not, I guess I was lucky.

One thing I would say is that in addition to the stem and seatpost, I also requested the bars to be black on black. I really liked the bars on the Cannondale and wanted to copy it, but it came back very different - solid matte black up to the stem clamp, then just un-over-painted white logo. Looks pretty ropey, and it's the one disappointing aspect of my build. I'll fish out a picture and post it if you're interested in getting the bars done.

My other Enve parts are visible on my new bike posting here: viewtopic.php?f=118&t=128709
2014 Parlee Z-Zero DADi2 & ENVE (6.2kg)
2015 Colnago C60 RSWH Campag Chorus & Mavic SLR (c.7kg)

drmutley

by drmutley

Here my reply from ENVE:

Nov 21

Thank you for the inquiry. At this time, our black on black components are offered as part of an OEM partnership with Cannondale. We recognize that there are many people interested in this color combination. Though we do not have the ability to complete custom painting in house, we have created a list of recommended painters who could complete the custom painting aftermarket. I apologize for any inconvenience, and please let me know if there is anything else we can help with!

Warm regards,

MattSoutherden

by MattSoutherden

Warm regards,

The warm bit being the fuzzy feeling they have inside when they're on the way to the bank...
Snacking on carrot sticks - Where did it all go so wrong?
-
Finsbury Park CC

Ozrider

by Ozrider

How hard would it be to offer black logos on their stems, bars and seat posts. 3T and Zipp seem to be able to do it.
I know it doubles the number of items kept in stock, but even s limited run each year would be sure to sell out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ozrider - Western Australia
Parlee Z5 XL (6055g/13.32lbs) Trek Madone 5.9 (7052-7500g)Jonesman Columbus Spirit (8680g)
Chase your dreams - it's only impossible until it's done

goodboyr

by goodboyr

Resurrecting this, there is a guy on ebay (and I believe his username on WW is "kokies") producing matte and glossy black decals to cover the white ones on enve stems, bars and seatposts. just got my matte ones and they are perfect. Comes with thorough instructions, etc.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/281523654652?var=580549478853&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649
Last edited by goodboyr on Thu Jan 01, 2015 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

drmutley

by drmutley

Cheers

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com