On the road today...

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

GASer

by GASer

Monkeyboy3333 wrote:GASER, Spinalonga is where there used to be a Leper colony yeah? Crazy...Elounda is beautiful

Yep and yep!! :D
Trek SpeedConcept 9.9 Project One, Basso Diamante SV, DeRosa SK (sold), Orbea Orca Gold 6430gr, Orbea Aqua, Tommasini Tecno, FM-066SL 6480gr, Kinesis RaceLight T2, Trek Superfly 100, Orbea Alma 29, Specialized Enduro S-Works 29, KTM EXC-250

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Routier

by Routier

Sorry to hear about your crash makoy - are you back in action yet? I ended up in hospital myself on Monday having hit the dirt on a very rocky track... I still took a photo for the thread shortly after the crash though :D

jekyll man wrote:@ routier;

I know the 2nd pic is Birch Vale, Hayfield, but the chapel?? Saltersford, bottom of Pym's chair??

Bingo! It's called Jenkin Chapel to be precise. I'm pleased to say that I rode down from Pym's Chair...

basilic wrote:@routier: I feel like I want to take the same pics you take

*puffs out chest*

That's very flattering, especially as you take such great photos in such beautiful scenery. I'm going to buy an actual camera very soon so I hope my efforts will improve.

Miller

by Miller

fletch62 wrote:^cant even do this at the moment, let alone ride due to a broken elbow.

Only *one* broken elbow though surely? You need to develop your ambidextrous skills.

GASer

by GASer

A couple of days before vac end, we hit the dirt today on mnt Psiloritis at Rouvas frst. Ride end up to the traditional tavern.

Trek SpeedConcept 9.9 Project One, Basso Diamante SV, DeRosa SK (sold), Orbea Orca Gold 6430gr, Orbea Aqua, Tommasini Tecno, FM-066SL 6480gr, Kinesis RaceLight T2, Trek Superfly 100, Orbea Alma 29, Specialized Enduro S-Works 29, KTM EXC-250

makoy

by makoy

yesterday...

Zambales, Philippines

TiG

by TiG

Beautiful autumn morning outside of Melbourne. Alton Rd.

Memorial Cross, Mt Macedon.

GASer

by GASer

Some from yesterdays ride

GASer

by GASer

double post. sorry
Last edited by GASer on Thu May 09, 2013 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jmilliron

by jmilliron

Double post! But I sure don't mind. Huge scenery. Where is this?
2013 Wilier Cento1 SR || 2009 Ridley Crossbow || 2011 Yeti AS-R 5 Carbon

GASer

by GASer

jmilliron wrote:Double post! But I sure don't mind. Huge scenery. Where is this?

Cleared up, thanks! This is the Rouvas gorge/forest on mount Psiloritis at Heraklion, Crete, Greece.

basilic

by basilic

basilic

by basilic

makoy - the reflection on your glasses - very clever

CarpetFibre

by CarpetFibre

We went on holiday to Wales for the bank holiday weekend. Stayed in the Brecon Beacons area. Didn't get that much riding, more dog walking and seeing stuff but we did all have a go climbing Black Mountain. It's an impressive, and very different climb for me given that all my local climbs are <1 mile and very steep. Black Mountain averages a steady 6% for 3.3 miles but the road surface is grim and the winds bite hard up there out in the open. I've been training my longer climbing performance with plenty of 2x20s on the turbo rather than gunning it up short climbs so it was interesting to see how I'd get on. I was very pleased with my time of 14 and a half minutes up the climb.
I took my younger brother and sister up there one day too and they did it in 22 minutes and 27 minutes respectively - here's Robbie climbing:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

PSM

by PSM

Cool CarpetFibre !

My CX ride last Wednesday. Beautiful scenery ! :)