On the road today...

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez

by Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez

There is so much people racing their car up mountain pass I don't understand why you would take any risk on open roads.

I'd definitely not do that, as much as you know the downhill. Don't tell us you can anticipate a car coming fast in the other way when you're on the extreme left of the road.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Guerdi

by Guerdi

Basilic, thank you for all those stunning images.

As for me, back from work along Thunersee (lake of Thun).

otoman

by otoman

Willier wrote:yes

:lol: :lol: :beerchug:

Nice descending. What I nor the nervous nellies can not know from the video is what margin you had left in your control -- i.e. if you were across the line and saw a car, could you carve a tighter line or immediately straighten your line so as not to become a hood ornament? It looked like you did have that margin left at your disposal, so well done! Thanks for sharing.
Age and treachery shall overcome youth and skill

AGW

by AGW

HammerTime2 wrote:Are we to applaud you for all the times you went over the center line, endangering yourself, and endangering and scaring drivers going the other way?

Are you the guy that yells down other riders in the group for crossing the double yellow, meanwhile I can see the Earth curving before I can see a car?

Willier

by Willier

otoman wrote:
Willier wrote:yes

:lol: :lol: :beerchug:

Nice descending. What I nor the nervous nellies can not know from the video is what margin you had left in your control -- i.e. if you were across the line and saw a car, could you carve a tighter line or immediately straighten your line so as not to become a hood ornament? It looked like you did have that margin left at your disposal, so well done! Thanks for sharing.

absolutlely! It was all under control and not all out. I did cut/took wide line where I could see and it was possible to do so...

Here I don`t go over the center line (exit of the corner) :D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pl1BuW57_W4&index=7&list=UU_L7VobKbIzSLd3oWME5k_g

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

I too laughed at the "yes" response. Where's that applause gif when you need it. Everything looked pretty much under control to me.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

basilic

by basilic

willier, lots of nice examples of how to take a line on a descent in that video, using the road, entering wide, etc. Thanks for posting.

But, lots of people are on the internet, including beginners. Also, it's hard to tell from a video what exactly you were aware of at the time. To the beginners I'd say do not take a line like you did at 34 sec., the left-hander with (what looks like) no visibility.

Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez

basilic wrote:willier, lots of nice examples of how to take a line on a descent in that video, using the road, entering wide, etc. Thanks for posting.

But, lots of people are on the internet, including beginners. Also, it's hard to tell from a video what exactly you were aware of at the time. To the beginners I'd say do not take a line like you did at 34 sec., the left-hander with (what looks like) no visibility.

It's not about being a beginner.

In the S curves at 46sec, entering completely on the opposite side... there is no visibility about what's coming from the right curve, what if a motorcycle is climbing fast and inside his line? :noidea:
(You know what I mean basilic, like in the Col de la Faucille or pretty much anywhere near)

Don't tell me guys you would ear any engine coming in front

basilic

by basilic

by "beginner" I meant "possibly influenced by an internet video to do something stupid"
I'm sure experienced riders know their limits

Willier

by Willier

Clearly you know the climb and descent better than locals, that I am...

Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez

Willier wrote:Clearly you know the climb and descent better than locals, that I am...

Typical silly answer. Knowing the route doesn't prevent you from being in an embarassing situation if someone goes the other side a bit fast with his GoPro you know what I mean

Dalai

by Dalai

Guys. More photos and less bickering... :back2topic:

wobbly

by wobbly

Wilier
nice video. But I'm disappointed that you let that moto get away :wink:
which is the climb ?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com