3T inks sponsorship with Team CSC

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

Tillquist

by Tillquist

Just read this on Team CSC web-site :shock:

3T inks sponsorship with Team CSC

[05.01 11:12] Team CSC has signed a sponsorship deal with the New 3T, in a pact that links the historic handlebar brand to the world's leading cycling team. Bjarne Riis, team owner of the 2007 ProTour winning Team CSC, signed the contract with Rene Wiertz, CEO of the New 3T.

“The New 3T has extremely good products, and that is the key for me. I went to Eurobike this year to look at all the component brands, and 3T stood out. The VENTUS aerobar is fantastic, and we're very excited about their other products. We are ready to work with them to create great results and develop new products as well,” explains Riis.

Wiertz comments: “Everybody in the cycling world knows how fanatical Bjarne Riis is about the equipment Team CSC uses. So for him to personally pick our products, in the first year of our re-launch, is absolutely brilliant. With Team CSC, we continue 3T's history of working with champions such as Mario Cipollini. We look forward to helping Team CSC succeed with the ultimate performance of our components, and to co-developing new products for the future.”

Driving product development at the New 3T is technical director Richard McAinsh. As former head of composites at Ferrari's Formula 1, he is used to the demands of world-class sport:

“Throughout my career in F1 I've worked with the world's most demanding athletes,” says McAinsh. “Michael Schumacher was not easy to satisfy – and I think we did our best to enhance his performance. My 3T engineering team looks forward to repeating that success – both with Team CSC, who are one of the most demanding teams in cycling, and with all our customers in the bike industry.”

The Team CSC team bikes, supplied by Cervélo, will be equipped with 3T PRO, TEAM and LTD products such as the light and performing ROTUNDO bars and the super-reliable ARX TEAM stems. Time trials will be ridden with the thinnest and lightest integrated aerobar ever: the monocoque carbon-fiber VENTUS.
See all my bike h e r e

Amadeus

by Amadeus

TTT or 3t ..... eventually the new 3T used to be my favourite in my racing days up to the end of the eighties.... But this is long ago.

Deda as an Italian brand and Syntace etc. got ahead of the TTT or 3t products so I did not use 3t products after 2001.

It is my love for Italian products that makes me buy Deda (actually their Campione bar and Arimo stem ride like a dream and their Alanera is fine but a bit heavy too). Rationally I should buy Syntace ... Nowadays cycling is emotion for me...

I am interested in how the New 3T wil perform and take a close look at their product range for my new bike build this year.

I plan to build a non compromise rational high performance bike and this winter I also will make some changes to my Gios (the emotional bike). For my new build the new 3T could be an option.

So everybody with experience in new 3T products please give a review!
Last edited by Amadeus on Sat Jan 05, 2008 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My bike is Italian so it is Nervosa and of course has Anorexia I like them thin!
GIOS "New" Carbon Ultra 2006 Campa Record+Special parts.
GIOS "New" A90 2008 Campa Record+Special parts. My winter and vacation bike.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

bespoke

by bespoke

A very clever move by 3T
I am sure it was not cheap to replace FSA, but it will pay dividends very quickly
Warning - Inherently biased:
www.bespokecycling.com

Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez

by Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez

What about CSC's cranks? If FSA lost the sponsoring for the components, I doubt the team will ride their cranks again? That would be too much brand for a bike: cervelo, shimano, 3t, fsa, zipp...!! What about Zipp 300 cranks to fit the wheels 8) or may be they will put DA 7800 :idea:

xpert

by xpert

Or maybe we will see a new Sram sponsorship ... to CSC ... and the cranks wont be a problem :)

Tillquist

by Tillquist

xpert wrote:Or maybe we will see a new Sram sponsorship ... to CSC ... and the cranks wont be a problem :)

Yes, Bjarne Riis have tested Sram prototype 2 years ago
See all my bike h e r e

Danton

by Danton

I love these PR writings, they're so obviously falsified and exaggerated. Did Riis really "pick" 3T or did a contract and some €€€s have anything to do with the choice? :wink:

Still, good to see 3T back. I remember when you could choose only choose from Cinelli, 3T, Modolo or ITM when it came to stems and bars.

jipperd

by jipperd

I was informed by this yesterday. But I also understood that the next cervélo's for hte public should have these 3T forks.

xpert

by xpert

Tillquist wrote:
xpert wrote:Or maybe we will see a new Sram sponsorship ... to CSC ... and the cranks wont be a problem :)

Yes, Bjarne Riis have tested Sram prototype 2 years ago

I know that , thats why i said about a Sram sponsorship.

Giant DK

by Giant DK

I can tell for sure they will not ride Sram next year... And a rumour says they not ride FSA cranks... :wink:
Techn writer at Velomore Denmark

My Simplon Pavo II

xpert

by xpert

So we have 2 manufacturers Campagnolo and Shimano.... I would like to see campagnolo but i think it will be shimano...

Tillquist

by Tillquist

Giant DK wrote:I can tell for sure they will not ride Sram next year... And a rumour says they not ride FSA cranks... :wink:

Plears tell me, I won't say a word.....
See all my bike h e r e

Giant DK

by Giant DK

Yep, your are right. They keed Shimano...

My Simplon Pavo II

Rodrego Hernandez

by Rodrego Hernandez

they ride what they want although I think sponsorship obviously is a factor.

what's with the obsession with SRAM these days? No one has really ridden red and it seems everyone is raving about it.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Giant DK

by Giant DK

Ok, now were are taking abot it, CSC has changed to Prologo saddles...

My Simplon Pavo II