HOT: Active* forum members generally gain 5% discount at starbike.com store!
Weight Weenies
* FAQ    * Search    * Trending Topics
* Login   * Register
HOME Listings Articles FAQ Contact About

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 12:15 pm 

I have a minor issue that I could do with some help with.
I have bought an alu cassette via ebay but he's gone kinda weird on me.
Story: Saw an alu cassette...low miles and light (tho obviously not the 75g he claims it is) and asked if "if I pay fast..can I have a few days to arrange transport via the usa" he sent back ..."shipping will be $18" (not the $10 for usa shipping).
I thought that was ok, and was surprised he'd agreed to ship to me here directly...but thanked him....bid...and won and PAID.
He has sent me a message saying he'll ship to usa based verified ebayers only (no major problem....surley I can find someone here to post it on at their leisure....I'm in no hurry and will obviously pay)....but it's relisted.
Hmmmmmmmm......... should I
a) Give up and get my $$ back via paypal.
b) Push the issue.
I have kept the messages, so have a record of the $18 shipping offer... I bid and one on the strength of this and have paid.
Would a weenie agree to forward on to me if I can resolve it?
I'd be greatful indeed :)
I'll happily send back some Ti bolts or Alu tuning bolts if you can forward for me.

Last edited by theremery on Tue Dec 18, 2007 5:35 am, edited 3 times in total.

Posted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 12:15 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 12:45 pm 

This sounds kind of strange. It is not that difficult to ship something to New Zealand from the US, so if he refuses just ask for a refund and live to fight another day.

Once you get another party involved it will just make a bad situation worse because honestly the whole thing sounds like hes' trying to scam you.

The reality is this deal can be done without getting another party involved.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 12:52 pm 

Quite a few people are reluctant to ship outside of the states (fair enough...it's their call), most are really very nice though, once they recognise that you are a serious buyer.
I will try and amicably resolve it with him :)
I do believe in second chances.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 3:30 pm 
Formerly known as PezTech

The dispute resolution at EBAY is a bit of a mess... If he won't ship even if you have paid, it's his problem and not yours, but that probably doesn't help.

If he get's snippy I would just toss it. The second he refused to ship he should of refunded you via paypal (FULLY!). But I would simply ask for the money back.

If you do need to resolve it, be patient. keeping the emails was smart...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 6:58 pm 

Thanks gentlemen. I would prefer to resolve it (if at all possible) as that is the only way for a "zero sour taste" outcome....and that's just how I'd rather be (living my life). I will give him a couple of days to respond to my email before asking for a refund because his original advert says he is very busy and never ships out of the US (he is quite clear on this...hence my original email to him, asking if I could have a couple of days to sort a US based intermediary if I won....and hence my surprpise at the $18 shipping offer....He generally has good feedback)......and I need to bear in mind that there is a serious time-lag between here and the USA.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 5:40 am 

Hmmmmmm. Very interesting!
In the morning (US time) he emailed back saying it was all ready to post to me here directly.
Perhaps the response that "I ONLY ship to US paypal verified addresses was an automated response via ebay.
It appears that all is well as his response to my concerns was timely and appropriate......it seems that my current excercise programme is too heavily based on leaping (to conclusions) and jumping (on my high-horse).,
I'd better go for a ride instead :)
Thread closed, I suspect :)

Post subject:
Posted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 5:40 am