Genevieve Jeanson admits takin EPO frome age 16 to 23 !!!

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

LouisN

by LouisN

Radio-Canada (the french chain) did a stunning documentary about Jeanson. We hear the story behind her and her relationship with her coach.
If you have the chance to get this documentary, it's a great piece.
It shows a different side of the sport, of the athlete.
The Network is Radio-Canada, the show is: Enquête and the title is: Le secret de Genevieve Jeanson.

DC41

by DC41

Just about everything I've read (English translations) about this makes me ill.

Granted, she's an adult now and everyone chooses his or her path, but it sounds like her parents pretty much abandoned her to this... (can't think of a word strong enough that won't get me censored) who is what? 26 years older than her... then proceeds to mentally and emotionally, and possible physically abuse her. And then MARRIES her!!! :faint:

"Jeanson's father said that he refused to watch his daughter train under Aubut's tutelage, fearing he would see her being treated badly." :hmm:

If my daughter were involved, I think I would have found new and creative uses for my chain whip and other bicycle tools on his sorry hide! Early on!
Self-Proclaimed Resident Master Fattie - Vicious DC Slither

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

LouisN

by LouisN

I agree with you DC, as a father of four girls, I would never let something like that happen..

When I look back at the Sydney Olympics, now I understand why "she" (read her coach who never followed Canadian Cyclists Association's politics)decided to attack the winning break, in wich was a Canadian favourite, with I think Jeannie Longo and other favourites too...
Result: She joined the break, along with the pack, and the rest is....

But even the local press at the time defended her from accusation. We, as humans (well that was some time ago, now things have changed lately) are always looking for models, and when they are from your backyard, you don't want to discover your local hero is a cheater.....

LouisN

2 wheels

by 2 wheels

LouisN wrote:It shows a different side of the sport, of the athlete.

A different side of the sport? I didn't thought there was a different side to doping in cycling.

BBAGDAN

by BBAGDAN

She is the Celine Dion of cycling.

DC41

by DC41

BBAGDAN wrote:She is the Celine Dion of cycling.

... except Jeanson started with at least a little natural talent. :twinkle:
Self-Proclaimed Resident Master Fattie - Vicious DC Slither

strobbekoen

by strobbekoen

Behave now.. she's my niece.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

pritchet74

by pritchet74

DC41 wrote:
BBAGDAN wrote:She is the Celine Dion of cycling.

... except Jeanson started with at least a little natural talent. :twinkle:

I think that Jeanson was (is) a huge talent. Sounds like her coach trained her way too hard too - if she had a good coach & focused her life towards training & resting properly I believe that she could be great again without the use of drugs. I could be wrong though, but I'll cling to that theory.