Not exactly shocking but interesting...

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

Hyde

by Hyde

Tour cyclists have hearts 40 percent bigger than normal
http://sports.espn.go.com/oly/cycling/n ... NHeadlines

legs 11

by legs 11

I read the article and couldn't believe that it warranted space in a newspaper, its not shocking news really is it?
Any cyclist who has undergone a real training program feels the difference in the stroke volume of their heart don't they?
At rest I sometimes felt dizzy with low blood pressure from the effects of large stroke capacity, its normal to expand the size of the heart IMO :oops:
Pedalling Law Student.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

DC41

by DC41

Until they answer the basic question (Are their hearts larger because they're cyclists, or are they cyclists because their hearts are large?), there's not much of interest.

I remember reading 15 years ago about a cardiologist who displayed a pic (don't remember if it was an x-ray or what) of Eddie M's heart at a conference. All the MDs agreed the person was in advanced stages of heart disease until it was revealed who's heart it was.
Self-Proclaimed Resident Master Fattie - Vicious DC Slither

Hyde

by Hyde

Not much of what is printed these days is worth the ink but if it hits the headlines, is cycling related & has nothing to do with doping I'll take it! I'll agree that after a couple years of consistent riding & pushing myself I am definately not the same person & this is why it wasn't surprizing to me.