Awards/prizes/premiums

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

martin

by martin

drjones96 wrote:Smoked ham, cheese and wine??? Man, what a haul! :D

exactly my words :)
Attachments
alles_kaese.jpg
Snowman and Strong Walker
Scott Sc
my old stuff
my new stuff

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Rodrego Hernandez

by Rodrego Hernandez

jay cee wrote:
Rodrego Hernandez wrote:
jay cee wrote:i've won all sorts, cakes, biscuits, cheese, foreign currency, stopwatch, socks, bidon, wine, money. the list goes on. but, I've never been ungrateful for any of it, as someone has been prepared to donate it. at the moment there is a lap prime on ebay for sale for the Newport Nocturne race in England. None of the riders will actually get it though.... It goes to a very good charity, the Dave Rayner Foundation.

oh yeah, forgot to mention. I did a crit in Holland that had primes down to 20th place on some laps.... Judges nightmare.

Seeing as the Rayner fund paid for Tom Simpsons memorial to be cleaned I'm not sure you can call it a 'very good charity'. I certainly won't be giving it any more money.

matter of opinion I suppose. I support the charity, as the vast majority of the funds raised go to helping young hopeful riders race on the continent.

All of it should go to young riders. How about they give some to Vino or Heras just to help them out too?

micky

by micky

Last time I got a prize, I finished 10th in that event and got a jacket (it was XL and I usually wear M :lol: ) and as age category I got 2 under-jersey (donno how you guys call it, in size M and L).
At least the last 2 are useful. :D

RollinOn27s

by RollinOn27s

@ Micky: Base Layer(s).

Last primes I've won: Sunglasses, case of gels, $25, $50, $25.

Paulio

by Paulio

Usually cash and medals/trophies but some of the more 'interesting' prizes have been:-

- Kettle/Toaster/Sandwich maker set - for 3rd place at a local crit

- Bottle of Whiskey

- Car valet

Prizes that some of my friends/clubmates have won:-

- Rolex watch (for winning british milk race in the early 90s)

- Gold plated water bottle cage

..... isn't there a pro race where the winner is awarded a cow as one of the prizes?