Team Slipstream's Future?

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

2002SaecoReplica

by 2002SaecoReplica

I know this is off topic but with Kash's positive doping control, aren't their protour rules that say something to to effect that after X amount of positive controls you lose your protour license? If so than Slipstream could be in contention for that license I would think.

Doubtful they would be riding Cannondale's. Cannondale already has Liquigas and they own Barloworld so why would they need Slipstream? How about Eddy Merckx?
- Zipp rims will break if you look at them too hard
- R-Sys wheels will spontaneously explode
- The ZG crankset will never, ever exist
- Everyone needs Lightweights, even if they're fat and old
- Parts actually made of metal are SO 10 years ago

NS

by NS

Seems a coincidence that the 2 star Kazakh riders both test positive for having a blood transfusion with someone elses blood.

Coincidence - didnt this happen before when another teams 2 star riders both tested +ve for homologous tranfusions.

Coincidence - a lot of the Latest team's staff came from the previous team.

Seems to me they got the bags mixed up again.

I cant see how this is a rider issue, its a team issue. I only hope Slipstream are backing up the good anti doping noises they make and dont fall flat on their faces like T-Mobile, Cofidis and Astana have done recently

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

audiojan

by audiojan

peterpen wrote: Zabriskie, Backstedt, Vandevelde have all been close but no cigar for the past season. Dean looks like he could get some good wins, however, as dos Millar. It will be interesting to see how the surviving current Slipsteam riders mesh with these established players.
:

So Paris-Roubaix is no cigar then I assume... Bäcksteadt did win that small, fairly unknown race.... :lol:
"Suddenly the thought struck me; my floor is someone elses ceiling" - Nils Ferlin

peterpen

by peterpen

audiojan wrote:
peterpen wrote: Zabriskie, Backstedt, Vandevelde have all been close but no cigar for the past season. Dean looks like he could get some good wins, however, as dos Millar. It will be interesting to see how the surviving current Slipsteam riders mesh with these established players.
:

So Paris-Roubaix is no cigar then I assume... Bäcksteadt did win that small, fairly unknown race.... :lol:

Read what I wrote. :wink:

I'm sure Backstedt was a relative bargain - he hasn't done anything significant since that win and has been constantly injured.

CharlesM

by CharlesM

The Anti Doping stance is a perfect lead in for gathering dollars. It just makes it easier. That's not to say they are not going to try and genuinely pull it off. After speaking to a couple of the bigger names in the last year or so, these guys are basically fed up with how things work. I believe they're looking forward to giving it a clean, healthy go.

But July was probably the best indicator as to wether or not the attitudes have genuinely changed... The Tour is seriouse about anti doping, the UCI are simply not. The bigger change may be to come, and I would love to see the UCI simply go away (and take some of the old guard team managers with them). It's time fore real government to replace the mafia, that's generally how life works... At least I hope so.

ElDuderino

by ElDuderino

PezTech wrote:The Anti Doping stance is a perfect lead in for gathering dollars.

yup, 100%. Same with branding yourself as a "clean rider." Same thing, different scale...but this also brings the question....who's picking up the bill for this gigantic slipstream experiment?

Regarding some of the devo riders losing jobs to older, well-past-their-prime has beens...well, these things happen, at all levels of pro bike racing. I hope that they can use the frustration as fuel and rip legs off next season.

santacruzxt

by santacruzxt

I am a chump.
07 Pinarello Paris Carbon
06 Trek Equinox 11
05 Trek 8500
88 Schwinn Prelude Fixie
72 Schwinn Continental
www.cougarcycling.com

bikerb

by bikerb

Taylor Phinney won the world championships today. Junior Men TT

Dubbayoo

by Dubbayoo

BoulderBlunder wrote:It is, they are getting rid of half the team. Honestly, I think it's pretty rediculous signing all these guys. The whole point of the team was to get a team of young americans to the tour, not hire a bunch of guys who have ridden it plenty of times before. Is that supposed to be an accomplishment??

Why not just take over Disco's sponsorship and re-market as an anti-doping team?

Well, Mister My dribble glass is half full. The flip side to "getting rid of half the team" is they're keeping half the team. That's 12 or so American guys that will get a chance to ride bigger races than they would've otherwise.

Skunk

by Skunk

bikerb wrote:Taylor Phinney won the world championships today. Junior Men TT

He's going to be a monster.

airsoft510

by airsoft510

Skunk wrote:
bikerb wrote:Taylor Phinney won the world championships today. Junior Men TT

He's going to be a monster.

wow.. thats great for him. Luckly he's not in my district so I dont have to race with him. but it would be nice to race with a world champion..

BoulderBlunder

by BoulderBlunder

Couldn't be happier a neighbor and a friend won such a huge race. I'll remind everybody that March of 2006 (yes you read that right) was his first race as a cat 4.

airsoft510

by airsoft510

BoulderBlunder wrote:Couldn't be happier a neighbor and a friend won such a huge race. I'll remind everybody that March of 2006 (yes you read that right) was his first race as a cat 4.

yeah, thats what i was surprised about too when reading his profile... he grew/advanced very fast.

Skunk

by Skunk

My friend is hoping Taylor will win the Tour someday so he can say he got destroyed by Taylor when he was 16 in a cat 4 race.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

nolimit
Resident Pro

by nolimit