pinarello sells to lvmh

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

fromtrektocolnago

by fromtrektocolnago

http://www.bicycleretailer.com/internat ... Edey31aZpM

i'm kinda of shocked. What does lvmh know about cycling. aren't they more of a luxury brand and not really into sporting goods?
Colnago C-59 (Dura Ace)
Firefly(Ultegra)
Colnago C-64 disc(ultegra) with Bora 35 wheels

fromtrektocolnago

by fromtrektocolnago

my instinct is that lvmh wants to leverage the pinarello brand and go after rapha's market. that's the only thing that makes sense to me. i don't see a traditional bike business as all that attractive to an lvmh
Colnago C-59 (Dura Ace)
Firefly(Ultegra)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

CPongpanich

by CPongpanich

They are after the hi-end luxury sport segment. Plus Pinarello also owns a lot of luxury hotels and resorts.

wingguy

by wingguy

fromtrektocolnago wrote:my instinct is that lvmh wants to leverage the pinarello brand and go after rapha's market. that's the only thing that makes sense to me. i don't see a traditional bike business as all that attractive to an lvmh

It was reported a few weeks ago that LVMH are also trying to buy Rapha.

fromtrektocolnago

by fromtrektocolnago

wingguy wrote:
fromtrektocolnago wrote:my instinct is that lvmh wants to leverage the pinarello brand and go after rapha's market. that's the only thing that makes sense to me. i don't see a traditional bike business as all that attractive to an lvmh

Wonder if this puts Colnago in play
Colnago C-59 (Dura Ace)
Firefly(Ultegra)

fromtrektocolnago

by fromtrektocolnago

Colnago C-59 (Dura Ace)
Firefly(Ultegra)

wingguy

by wingguy

fromtrektocolnago wrote:
wingguy wrote:

Doubt it. Why would they want both?

Plus, while the current Pinarello's are second generation owners, Colnago is very much Ernesto Colnago's baby. From what I've seen and read of him I couldn't picture him ever wanting to sell while he still has the strength in his body to get to the office.

micky

by micky

On the tv news they did talk about Pinarello today and Fausto Pinarello said "...we're a small company and we need help for expand and compete against bigger players" and then was asked if his father would have liked that he replied "...probably not".

fromtrektocolnago

by fromtrektocolnago

wingguy wrote:
fromtrektocolnago wrote:
wingguy wrote:

Doubt it. Why would they want both?

Plus, while the current Pinarello's are second generation owners, Colnago is very much Ernesto Colnago's baby. From what I've seen and read of him I couldn't picture him ever wanting to sell while he still has the strength in his body to get to the office.

Ernesto is getting older.
And i still think they they are more interested in selling a life-style over a bicycle.
Colnago C-59 (Dura Ace)
Firefly(Ultegra)

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

There is talk for Lwhatever also buying Rapha on the RCC boards.. could Sky/Pinarello/Rapha be back ?
2024 BMC TeamMachine R
2018 BMC TImeMachine Road
2002 Moots Compact-SL
2019 Parlee Z0XD - "classified"
2023 Pivot E-Vault

LouisN

by LouisN

All I can think of is some kind of Zoolander Cycling Team coming from this :lol:

Louis :)

kgt

by kgt

micky wrote:On the tv news they did talk about Pinarello today and Fausto Pinarello said "...we're a small company and we need help for expand and compete against bigger players" and then was asked if his father would have liked that he replied "...probably not".

Me neither...

wingguy

by wingguy

spdntrxi wrote:There is talk for Lwhatever also buying Rapha on the RCC boards.. could Sky/Pinarello/Rapha be back ?

No. It doesn't work like that.

rajMAN

by rajMAN

LV known amongst other things for ladies handbags. During my period of non activity due to a stinking cold I thought I would look at the prices of said handbags on offer. The most expensive I found to be £34,000.

dmp

by dmp

So did you buy it?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com