Action - pictures !

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

ultyguy

by ultyguy

Crappy screen grab shot I know but not many pics out there yet.

I managed to win the prologue of the Haute Route Geneva-Nice on Saturday and got to wear the golden fleece on Sunday for the first stage.

I only did the 'compact' which was the TT plus first 2 stages (already did Tour de l'Ain the week before so had used up my spousal approval units).

Stage 1 Gva-Megeve- slept like crap, chased the skinny guys too much on the Colombiere, blew, and dragged myself around, 27th

Stage 2-Megeve-Courchevel- slept much better without the jersey taunting me in the dark. Climbed my own pace, descended like a bat outta hell, 13th on the day, back up to 16th GC for the whole group. 2nd for the 'compact' riders.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

wielracer

by wielracer

Me in action on a Sunday morning

dereksmalls

by dereksmalls

Me in the mud running section in the last round of Huttcross down here in New Zelaand. The mud and holes were over ankle depth along here, including the off camber descent down into it. I had a crap race performance wise (I think I finished last actually!) but it was still fun

Edit - Ha! That skinsuit makes me look fat! Black isn't slimming sometimes

toride

by toride

I'd put my money on the guy pushing the FAT tyre bike behind you finishing last !!

dereksmalls

by dereksmalls

He started the race in a cookie monster outfit, got too hot and took it off. He created a home made disc wheel for the back for added speed! Ha! Amazingly two rounds previous he actually won! He races triathlon so was able to just power it over everyone - and he was wearing a spiderman outfit too, mask and all that day.

Here is video from the last round, once again emphasis was on the fun side of things for the last round, hence the costumes http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpuUlJFQ6c8&feature=youtu.be

LouisN

by LouisN

Nice pic taken by my brother : My twin daughters at the start of an U12 rainy day criterium.
I let you guess wich ones they are ;) :

Louis :)

otoman

by otoman

Great photo, LouisN! :thumbup: It appears that the girl on the left feels she has something to prove, perhaps because she is on a Scattante whereas her twin sis is on a Cannondale? :noidea: :lol:
Age and treachery shall overcome youth and skill

nathanong87
Resident master of GIF

by nathanong87

haha that's an awesome photo. Vocklering the tongue

Leviathan

by Leviathan

Great photo! I tell my twins "comeon, its time to go cycling" and they say "no, we want to play minecraft instead":

chris47

by chris47

Here is a picture of me, on my way to winning the national xco championships with a time gap of nearly 7 minutes.
Although i am only 14, i decided to race in the 17 to 18 catagory so i could get to ride 2 extra laps.

LouisN

by LouisN

@otoman: The Scattante SC-R (Easton Scandium tubing) is a well under estimated frame. Especially this tiny 46 X 50 cm frame is a super stiff and light (960g) frame. With a 310 g Easton Ec 90 Superlight fork, I had to weigh her bike ( SRam Rival-Apex, 105 crankset and heavier wheels, opposed to Sram Red, FSA BB30 crankset, P'X brakes, Ilinks and lighter wheels) so both of the girls have approximately the same bike weight.
@leviathan: They are serious minecraft players too... :wink:
They really like the sport, often dressed (helmet end gloves on) and ready to go out 2 hours before the time... :lol:

Louis :)

Gearjunkie

by Gearjunkie

Minecraft (and other video games) - the reason why I can't get my kids out of the house to exercise. :evil: :roll:

worstshotever

by worstshotever

Hey Natie boy! -- so did you make cat 2 or what? MABRA jersey? Helluva season.

Chris47: congrats!

nathanong87
Resident master of GIF

by nathanong87

worstshotever wrote:Hey Natie boy! -- so did you make cat 2 or what? MABRA jersey? Helluva season.

Chris47: congrats!

thanks man!

haha yea! well ... i haven't put in my 'official' request, but cat2 is planned for next season! I have to order a jersey, i have no idea what it entails, i dont really like the design, but allegedly i can race RR for free? lol

my teammate won the cat3 BAR and CAT3 TT championships,... he also* got 2nd at the Cat3 Crit champs....we could have hit for the cycle the two of us hehe =)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

JamieL

by JamieL

Off the front at the etape this year. Managed the first 80km solo, caught at the bottom of the Tourmalet, came back OK on the Hautacam for 11th.