liege bastogne liege - sportive and where to watch?

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

rynogee

by rynogee

Has anyone done the liege bastogne liege course immediately prior to or after the race? I'm going this year (first time at a major european road race) and want to ride the course, and watch the race. So wondering:

Is there a formal sportive the day before? does it require some sort of registration or otherwise, or can anyone just roll out with a course map and ride the course? (or would ther ebe problems doing so, e.g. closures?) Would we be better off (or is it possible) riding the course the day after (assuming the day before weather was bad).

Does anyone have any thoughts on a few good spots to watch the race, strategieis for maximmising seeing the bunch, or similar? We will have a car, and staying in Esneux.

many thanks

kofsw4

by kofsw4

Sportive is the day before. Details here:

http://www.sport.be/lblcyclo/2018/en/?v=15102014

I'm doing it for the first time this year so can't help with your other questions unfortunately...

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

dolophonic

by dolophonic

done the sportif twice and its great.. tuff no doubt.

Roads are closed pretty well.

You could jump in but might as well reg.. you will need the food stops !

great place to ride the bike

bm0p700f
in the industry

by bm0p700f

I'll be riding the sportive too. Booked the ferry to hook of Holland with no car so you know how I am getting there.

rynogee

by rynogee

has anyone got the 274km route GPX file yet? Still says on the website it'll be available 'a week before'