How to contact THM?

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

letuandk

by letuandk

THIS ARTICLE IS ABOUT the Bueno Texas Street Trip. I had been asked to write the article because I work for Thrasher so they didn't have to pay somebody to write these phrases. That is pretty thrifty, huh? And that I was asked to write the article because I am wrapped in pretty deep over in the Bueno camp.

They got me drawing on pictures. To the Bueno Texas road trip article being written by me the only downside is I didn't go on the excursion. I had been for a portion of it, but I'm pretty sure I missed half of best skateboard brands.

The trip started off at the Make A in Houston Wish Benefit. The Bueno Brigade (Shiloh Greathouse, Staey Lowery, Nate Broussard, and Mark Gutterman) flew to Houston and rented a van. I live in Austin and so it was up to me to find my way. No more free flights to get Sieben. I ended up jumping from Oklahoma in a mini-van with a few dudes. What I learned in the Oklahomies is that there is never an inappropriate moment to shout "*f##k* You Cocksucker" at full volume. It is always a good idea. Even in front of the older.
SO I RODE IN A MINI-VAN with these Oklahomies (Note 1: these dudes were actual Oklahomies. I am not using that term lightly. To prove it I will mention that the title of one. Gabe Friedman) and I am pretty sure that they had been stoked that when we got to Houston that we were going to be hanging out with Shiloh. Because ... well, he's Shiloh. So anyway we get to Houston and that I try calling Stacy therefore that we could all meet up, but apparently Stacy did not feel like dealing with drunk Sieben (it's possible to drink a lot of beer in a mini-van from Austin to Houston) so he was not picking up. I wound up sleeping on the floor of a hotel room with a bunch of dudes I had just met. Thus far that the Bueno road excursion went pretty awesome.
The following day I woke up feeling. Kind of Like how you feel when you are in your 30s and you wake up hung over on a crusty hotel room's ground and early 20s. You know, it is kind of one of the "what the fortune am I doing with my life" type of moments. I believe that is called alcohol melancholy. I called Stacy and he told me that his phone was not getting a signal the night before (at the bowling alley he and the guys were hanging out at). Stacy's much bigger than that I am so I do not contend with him although it seemed like a pretty feeble excuse. I told him I'd see him at the skatepark later on.

SO LATER ON to Meet the guys on the Bueno team all. It was cool to shake hands that I'm working with. Although I sort of wished I'd brought yet another t-shirt with me other than the one with the kitty that was huge around its neck. I just thought it made a weird impression, although I like the top and all.
I say hello to the dudes and they Have to make the rounds go shit and skate and that I don't really understand what so I am just kind of walking around hoping that I run into a person I understand I am supposed to do. I saw my buddy Dahveed out of San Antonio and he told me that he had an ice chest full of beer in his car. That's pretty much what I did the remainder of the day. Stacy called me later in the day and told me that the dudes and he went back to the hotel. I took the hint tracked down the Oklahomies and told them that I would most likely be sleeping on their floor again, and they were like, "Thank you for introducing us to Shiloh, dude." And I was like, "I hardly met him dudes." And they were like, "Are you drunk?" And I was like, "Yeah, pretty much." And they are like, "We're also. Get your ass in the mini-van."
(Note 2: mini-van motorist : not drunk.)

I CALLED STACY LATER to Find out if he Along with the other men wanted to drink beer at a dirty hotel room with me and the Oklahomies, however he told me that they were just planning to eat dinner and chill so that they could wake up early and go road skating the morning after. I told him I would probably just see him in Austin (which was another stop on their trip) because the chances of me getting up early and moving street skating were pretty much nonexistent. I rode back to Austin and moved on a floor the following day and waited for the Bueno dudes to arrive.

That day I got the call that the Bueno van Rolled into town and I gave instructions to a pizza parlor that led to meet the dudes and serves pitchers of Lone Star. I arrived in the pizza place a little later than the Bueno Brigade and apparently some type of altercation had happened at the parking lot with Alex (the filmer guy who was with them) and also this neighborhood dude named Cornbread. And the moment I sat down and said to everyone, Alex started yelling at Cornbread from across the spectacle and the room had every sign that the shit was about to hit the fan.

Allow me to backtrack just a bit. The Very First Time I fulfilled once he was almost hit by a truck in front of the house of my friend Adam, Cornbread was. He was cruising down the street on his 10 speed, drunk as hell with some headphones on and swerving all over the area and he rode right in front of some dude in a pickup truck along with the dude in the truck had to hit his brakes and he skidded about 10 feet and skateboard for beginners.

The whole thing was pretty *f##k* scary and crazy. And a few hours later, Cornbread comes riding back down the street and he's all, "Can y'all see me almost get run over? This shit was mad!" And then he offered us a few of his 40oz of malt spirits and proceeded to pitch us this strategy he had for refinishing rich people's flooring in the area and attempted (unsuccessfully) to recruit my friend Adam and I to join him in his business plan because as he put it, "I need a few white boys to knock on doors"
ADAM AND I had been used we Graciously declined, since that man never has a job, but we did give him our friend Cary Jackson's cell phone number.
But anyhow back to the road trip post. So Here's this man Alex about to enter a battle with Cornbread, also I had been a little worried because Alex is sort of built just like me (sort of a chicken leg physique) and Cornbread is fairly thick. But beyond being thick, Cornbread is only ... well ... he's just kind of crazier than a shithouse rat. And I did not really think that Alex's very first taste of Austin should be the flavor of his blood. But Alex got up from his seat and stormed over to where Cornbread sat and faced him, before I had a opportunity to try and calm things down. And it actually looked like fists were about to start flying. But Cornbread and he gave each among those manly pat-on-the-back type of hugs as if they've been homies for life. And Cornbread pulled his chair around and then kicked it to the remainder of the evening with us. And apparently he's given up on his floor refinishing plan because he spent most of the evening trying to convince Shiloh that he wants to star in the film that he's writing. Cornbread is really rad.
And honestly, that night that we hung Outside in Austin and the filmer got into a fight was the most eventful thing that happened while I hung out with all the dudes. Aside from that I simply showed them a few of those places in my town and they moved to function leaping down shit and leaping shit and scooting across shit.
It was cool to bring dudes The shit out of me and watch them get rad. I figure if they had shown up and we had gone skating and that I was as great as them our company will be in a shitload of trouble, although it didn't do a hell of a great deal for my inferiority complex. But the way things are I guess I would have to mention that Bueno will most likely be about as hot as Powell Peralta was in the mid '80s. Which sort of sucks since I figure that means I will need to play with the McGill character. And shit McGill had the McTwist. Is a kickflip to fakie at a ditch and a backside G-turn. Oh well, *f##k* it.
So I guess I will wrap up this article by Saying some shit like, Dude, we all had such a rad time and even though we hardly knew each other when the trip began ... No, that shit sucks. I will just end this article by saying that the next time I get asked to write a road trip article I expect that "road trip" consists of something more than riding at a mini-van to Houston ... (Note 3: The Bueno Brigade also went to San Antonio on this road trip but I didn't get to go since I had to leave town on a previously planned trip. We did not have to skate the Death Star, the Banana Farm, or some of my favored ditches. That being said, I left so that I could show them why I live here, the dudes promise to come back to Austin in the not too distant future for much more of an extended stay. Possibly they return I'll actually have that. Yeah, I sort of doubt it too.)

(Note 4: This is the first road trip article I have ever written and I reread it and realized it does not really Have anything to do with anyone but myself. So I will add this part at The end so it will be that I've read in Other magazines: Dude! Mark Gutterman totally farted from the hotel area, Nate Broussard skates like he's some secret hidden butterfly wings Security guard in this best complete skateboard brand was totally a dick, we got fairly Wasted, and iPod ipod iPod!)
Last edited by letuandk on Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

mike
Resident Pro

by mike

why don't you ask the simple question here. we have many thm experts who have used all of their components.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

KCookie

by KCookie

I contacted them through the same channels as you and got a response the next day, then within a week I got the part I was after for free. Couldn't be happier with their service.
As said above might be worth asking the question here.

jimaizumi

by jimaizumi

I've noticed that complaints go unanswered, primarily in a fashion that starts off with "Just purchased and no longer works" while "need replacement spacers/scews" will land an immediate reply as early as the following day.

Just my 2c..
THE PAST: 2005 C'dale R700, 2006 Spesh S-Works Tarmac Gerolsteiner, 2009 Pinarello Dogma FPX My Way, 2011 Time RXR VIP

THE PRESENT: 2016 Colnago C60 ST01, 2017 Wilier Cento 10 Ramato, Cinelli Gazetta

THE FUTURE: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Zitter

by Zitter

PM'd

Edit: If you're having trouble reaching someone, I handle THM and 3T in the US so you can contact me and I can help or forward you to the relevant person
Last edited by Zitter on Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:20 pm, edited 4 times in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

mike
Resident Pro

by mike

thm sent me replacement screws in a week from Germany. great to deal with.