2018 - Get Out There - A Motivational Cycling Short Film

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

eoj

by eoj

Hi guys,

I spent the end of last year working on a short film style motivational video. January is traditionally a time to set goals & motivate for the year to come, so my aim was to create something which can hopefully inspire you to realise your goals & get out there to make it happen. So far I've had some really good feedback, and worked hard to create a balance of cinematic/cycling/general motivation. If you like or hate it let me know, and if you have any feedback feel free to offer some advice! There will be more to come in the near future! :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UB84Em1nVaE&t

(best watched in HD with sound :roll: )

Thanks!

rma

by rma

Nice video! Did you shoot all of the videos?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Conza

by Conza

Good job. Actually reminded me of a few videos on cyclingtips that I was meant to watch that were billed as motivational over the last few days. Any thread similar to those/this - in that regard?

A Motivational cache of sorts?
It's all about the adventure :o .

eoj

by eoj

rma wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:41 am
Nice video! Did you shoot all of the videos?
Thank you! Yes, all of the footage was shot by me (with help from a friend for some action shots & setups).

Conza wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:07 am
Good job. Actually reminded me of a few videos on cyclingtips that I was meant to watch that were billed as motivational over the last few days. Any thread similar to those/this - in that regard?

A Motivational cache of sorts?

Thanks! + that does sound pretty useful.

kavitator

by kavitator

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

loudtiger

by loudtiger

Great video! really enjoyed it. Now to set out my cycling clothes for tomorrow morning...

nd2rc

by nd2rc

Great video! I really enjoyed that. Nice shots too

Conza

by Conza

eoj wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:00 am
Thanks! + that does sound pretty useful.
Was going to get something going... but on a forum where you can't embed youtube or videos... :roll:
It's all about the adventure :o .

Squashednuts

by Squashednuts

eoj wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:26 am
Hi guys,

I spent the end of last year working on a short film style motivational video. January is traditionally a time to set goals & motivate for the year to come, so my aim was to create something which can hopefully inspire you to realise your goals & get out there to make it happen. So far I've had some really good feedback, and worked hard to create a balance of cinematic/cycling/general motivation. If you like or hate it let me know, and if you have any feedback feel free to offer some advice! There will be more to come in the near future! :D

Thanks!
:thumbup:
Cheers

Whereabouts in England were you cycling?

I enjoyed watching the video...the footage of the spill in the tunnel was really unexpected and a bit Blair Witch...wicked...trust you were okay
Building Spec Allez

Sold
Fuji SL 5.5kg viewtopic.php?f=10&t=157704

Sold -
Izalco Max Disc 6.7kg http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum ... o+Max+disc

liam7020

by liam7020

Excellent. Very nice camera work, though I'm not so fussed on the the cheesy text! Showing my lack of tech knowledge but did you use a drone for the aeriel footage? Some tech info would be interesting. Ta
Tarmac SL6 & Campag Record EPS https://weightweenies.starbike.com/foru ... 0&t=153968

"Sometimes you don't need a plan. You just need big balls." Tom Boonen

jekyll man

by jekyll man

Squashednuts wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:06 pm
eoj wrote:
Hi guys,

Thanks!
:thumbup:
Cheers

I enjoyed watching the video...the footage of the spill in the tunnel was really unexpected and a bit Blair Witch...wicked...trust you were okay

Some of it was filmed at Flash (highest village in England)- my neck of the woods. Staffs Moorlands / Peak District
I recognised the potholes :lol:

Edit: i've just seen his youtube profile: turns out i know him 8)
Official cafe stop tester

eoj

by eoj

jekyll man wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:04 pm
Squashednuts wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:06 pm
eoj wrote:

Some of it was filmed at Flash (highest village in England)- my neck of the woods. Staffs Moorlands / Peak District
I recognised the potholes :lol:

Edit: i've just seen his youtube profile: turns out i know him 8)
Yep - some of the gloomier footage in the UK was shot in the peaks, whilst other footage was a real mix of Wales (Snowdonia - Coast), Cannock Chase & other random areas!

I'm not sure if I should be worried about being known! :D

jekyll man wrote:
liam7020 wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:55 pm
Excellent. Very nice camera work, though I'm not so fussed on the the cheesy text! Showing my lack of tech knowledge but did you use a drone for the aeriel footage? Some tech info would be interesting. Ta
Thank you! Haha I suppose it is a little cheesy. Originally I planned to use voice-over instead of text, but I have a really posh sounding/camp voice so it just didn't sound right...

For the aerial footage I did use a drone - a DJI Mavic Pro (awesome drone) with an ND filter. It folds up really small, so you can just throw it in a backpack. I only got the drone stuck in a tree twice (the same tree... :roll: ) For other footage I used a mix of a Panasonic Lumix G85 with Leica Summilux 1.7 15mm & RODE Pro mic, Google Pixel 2 & iPhone X, GoPro for onboard & the shot in the ocean, plus a couple of shots on a friend's Nikon D700. I thought I'd keep that short and simple for you haha.

This was edited & colour graded using DaVinci Resolve. Any other questions, just ask!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

liam7020

by liam7020

Lol, it's ok I can handle a little complexity - back in the day I worked as a pro photographer! Thanks for that info, nice work and very interesting stuff!!
Tarmac SL6 & Campag Record EPS https://weightweenies.starbike.com/foru ... 0&t=153968

"Sometimes you don't need a plan. You just need big balls." Tom Boonen