2018 PRO thread

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderator: Moderator Team

Vagabond

by Vagabond

Wookski wrote:
Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:37 am
I think the medical condition Cav’s suffering from is “Jackass.” Apparently he’s had it his whole life.
Lol. Yeah he’s dangerous to others with his reckless sprinting in my opinion.
Colnago e Campagnolo

bilwit

by bilwit

seaneT1 wrote:
Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:54 pm
Rondje wrote:
Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:51 pm
Froome has proven he could ride the cobbles before, so don't count him out. Especially since Sky seems to be busy with stalling the entire salbutamol case till after the TDF. And Dumoulin should have the body to survive the cobbles.
Just a reminder, Dumoulin has won the eneco tour, so yeah, he probably can handle the cobbles just fine. :)
Yep, I think all of them will be fine unless it's bad weather or they get caught in a crash. I have a sneaking suspicion that the GC will be neutralized by the end and it won't live up to the hype. Maybe the genuinely small riders like Porte and Quintana could have trouble but they'll be fielding some of the more stronger GC-oriented rosters to support them.

by Weenie

Kjetil

by Kjetil

I just had a vision: Tyler and Kasia comparing palmares.
Bianchi-Campagnolo

tymon_tm

by tymon_tm

^:lol:

-so how was your weekend hun?
-guess what, I won! how was your weekend?
-uhhm you know, come to the big show and it's like ... relaxed. I like it. I'm also generally a little stronger than I normally am. this was one of the races where I've started to feel really even. I came into it with pretty open expectations. I didn't want to cloud it too much with what I thought I was diving into. So I have a keen understanding of how just being able to finish this difficult a race is, thanks to the stories that my dad has told me (...)
kkibbler wrote: WW remembers.

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

^^^ hahahaha.. this is hilarious. I can hear his voice when I read it.
2016 Pactimo Brand Ambassador
http://www.Crankaddicts.cc
http://www.skratchlabs.com
2015 Specialized S-Works Allez
2015 Specialized Venge Pro
2014 Specialized S-Works Shiv TT

Willier

by Willier

hahaha...this is gold!
"Smart may have the answers, but stupid have all the interesting questions."

maquisard

by maquisard

Until the next crash...

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

seriously though... Valverde. c'mon.
2016 Pactimo Brand Ambassador
http://www.Crankaddicts.cc
http://www.skratchlabs.com
2015 Specialized S-Works Allez
2015 Specialized Venge Pro
2014 Specialized S-Works Shiv TT

sovereign

by sovereign

Test

djcharlou

by djcharlou

amazing how he lost his right shoe ! The shoe bump into the lotto Nl rider then goes back on the yellow thing. Man that must hurt

Rondje

by Rondje

CrankAddictsRich wrote:
Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:54 am
seriously though... Valverde. c'mon.
Seems to be the only smart rider. Rumors about shortening todays stage where already going on yesterday. Yet Valverde was the only one anticipating it, by taking boni seconds at the intermediate sprint.

Wookski

by Wookski

bilwit wrote:
Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:33 pm
Truly pathetic to see Kwiatkowski and Sagan playing cat & mouse while Nibali was sailing to victory. I watched it live on a stream and they showed Sagan starting to chase for a little bit with Kwiatkowski on his wheel and then he decided he was having none of that and swung off, then Kwiatkowski slowed down and looked around for someone else to pull :lol:
Pathetic? Not really just didn’t happen. Situations like this favour the brave and tactically astute- Nibali was both.

Antoine

by Antoine

petal666 wrote:
Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:46 am
TwiggyTN wrote:
Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:37 am
Wonder if anyone at Michelton-Scott wondered what might have been if Trentin was pulling to close it down for Ewan rather than taking a solo flyer....I know, hindsight being 20/20 and all but it's the first tjing I thought of.
Was discussing this today. I think having 2 leaders allowed him to have a go, but might have cost them the race.
Trentin was supposed to work for Ewan after the top of the Poggio but I don't think so, it would have been a different sprint if Michelton or another team could catch Nibali before the last 500m.
Ewan was smart and fast but Kristoff and Demare started their sprint too late, next year everybody will keep an eye on Ewan.
Reducing team size played a big factor I think, with one more rider FDJ and QS could have catch Nibali.
And too bad Greipel and his teamates crashed in the descent.
Kittell was one of the first rider dropped, now he knows what to expect in this race.

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

Wookski wrote:
Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:00 am
bilwit wrote:
Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:33 pm
Truly pathetic to see Kwiatkowski and Sagan playing cat & mouse while Nibali was sailing to victory. I watched it live on a stream and they showed Sagan starting to chase for a little bit with Kwiatkowski on his wheel and then he decided he was having none of that and swung off, then Kwiatkowski slowed down and looked around for someone else to pull :lol:
Pathetic? Not really just didn’t happen. Situations like this favour the brave and tactically astute- Nibali was both.
did you watch it ?... I saw the exact same as bilwit. Sagan saw K on his tail and let off the gas, probably not wanting a drag him up to Nibs. Nothing against Nibs... it was an awesome move that tooks guts.

by Weenie