2018 PRO thread

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderator: Moderator Team

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

Some teams were using the tri-spoke in the team TT at the beginning of the week... and I think a few others were on them today. The weather turned bad for the last handfull of riders, maybe the last 20 or so... perhaps Kwiato was worried about possible wind gusts and opted for the shallower wheel when the weather changed. He didn't need to WIN today's TT, he just needed to do well and beat the other GC contenders (he's a decent time trialist to boot). There's no sense risking it and maybe going down, because you're trying to win the stage....
2016 Pactimo Brand Ambassador
http://www.Crankaddicts.cc
http://www.skratchlabs.com
2015 Specialized S-Works Allez
2015 Specialized Venge Pro
2014 Specialized S-Works Shiv TT

by Weenie

bilwit

by bilwit

CrankAddictsRich wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:30 pm
Some teams were using the tri-spoke in the team TT at the beginning of the week... and I think a few others were on them today. The weather turned bad for the last handfull of riders, maybe the last 20 or so... perhaps Kwiato was worried about possible wind gusts and opted for the shallower wheel when the weather changed. He didn't need to WIN today's TT, he just needed to do well and beat the other GC contenders (he's a decent time trialist to boot). There's no sense risking it and maybe going down, because you're trying to win the stage....
yeah BMC/Dennis/Caruso were on them today and so was Kiryenka, just rider preference it seems

nathanong87
Resident master of GIF

by nathanong87

Wookski wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:52 pm
2015 Gent: the great Luca Paolini- Zeghos, fluo shoecovers and leg warmers on the outside!
and they were bobby pinned to his bibs!!! haha
dereksmalls wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:55 pm
tymon_tm wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:16 am
is there a single rider who has become more successful after leaving SKY?
Cav
viviani
gerrans
cummings
uran

Vagabond

by Vagabond

bilwit wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:52 pm
Can't believe Sagan is still crying about last year's MSR, he really is a big baby. How has he got this far without acknowledging that other racers will use tactics based on the strengths/weakness of their opponents and themselves? Sagan can contest any sprint no matter who is in the peleton, why would anyone in the break help pull him to the line? Of course they're going to sit on. He used this card at Gent-Wevelgem last year with Terpstra and it made even less sense then -- as if Terpstra is ever, at any point in his lifetime, going to outsprint Sagan in a sprint.. lol

I'm glad he's resolved to "I don't care about the win so much as making a show of it", but still taking shots like "if I won like Kwiatkoski did last year I wouldn't be happy with myself" shows that he's still bitter
He still does have a lot of growing up to do. I miss Cancellara. I’ll be rooting against “pinchy” in San Remo.
Colnago e Campagnolo

Rondje

by Rondje

nathanong87 wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:55 pm
Wookski wrote:
2015 Gent: the great Luca Paolini- Zeghos, fluo shoecovers and leg warmers on the outside!
But that was such a great ride that all those things didn't matter anymore. Solo bridging to the front group, Getting dropped before Oss on the last climb but making it back to the front where Oss couldn't. Countering Terpstra's flat comeback move before Terpstra even made that move and then attack, stop and sneakily ride away to take the win. Brilliant ride.

IchDien

by IchDien

Did he crash in that race? I don't remember him crashing... Seems like he has a tear on his right knee?

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

It was shortly after that race that he got popped for the coke, right?
2016 Pactimo Brand Ambassador
http://www.Crankaddicts.cc
http://www.skratchlabs.com
2015 Specialized S-Works Allez
2015 Specialized Venge Pro
2014 Specialized S-Works Shiv TT

Wookski

by Wookski

Rondje wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:21 pm
nathanong87 wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:55 pm
Wookski wrote:
But that was such a great ride that all those things didn't matter anymore. Solo bridging to the front group, Getting dropped before Oss on the last climb but making it back to the front where Oss couldn't. Countering Terpstra's flat comeback move before Terpstra even made that move and then attack, stop and sneakily ride away to take the win. Brilliant ride.
He was epic that day- also had a couple of cracking stages at that year’s Giro as well

Wookski

by Wookski

CrankAddictsRich wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:27 pm
Yeah, the “adverse analytical finding” was at the 2015 tour. It’s a shame, coke would have had a negarive effect on performance if anything.

Hawkwood

by Hawkwood

IchDien wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:07 pm
Did he crash in that race? I don't remember him crashing... Seems like he has a tear on his right knee?
There's an interview somewhere where he said he crashed twice.

petal666

by petal666

Vagabond wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:00 pm

He still does have a lot of growing up to do. I miss Cancellara. I’ll be rooting against “pinchy” in San Remo.
So does someone else.

bruno2000

by bruno2000

http://www.tdwsport.com/en/imagedesk/im ... /id/418721

New front fork in the Specialized TT bike?

mrlobber

by mrlobber

Yes, new, deeper fork. Frame is the same (well, maybe "different updated" carbon, FWIW).
Spec's website even had the previous Shiv TT vs the "new one" side by side, can't find the link anymore, though.

Kjetil

by Kjetil

Wookski wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:40 pm
CrankAddictsRich wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:27 pm
Yeah, the “adverse analytical finding” was at the 2015 tour. It’s a shame, coke would have had a negarive effect on performance if anything.
He was on the Elvis Presley trail at the time. Getting popped was probably the best thing that could happen to him.
Bianchi-Campagnolo

by Weenie

Wookski

by Wookski

And that trail only leads to one place. Fools gold sandwiches followed by death on the toilet!