2018 PRO thread

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderator: Moderator Team

Hardstyle

by Hardstyle

Gaviria has broken his hand. No classics season for him.

by Weenie

Vermu

by Vermu

During last years TDF Lance had some good points on his podcast. Specially on minimizing risks during the tour. They always sought risk free options when it yelded zero gain on overall standings.
I reckon G has been one of the unluckiest, but at the same time it seems that SKY isn't exaclty so well managed on risk analysis. I mean when looking at mechanical problems, this must be the team that had most on their captain and other "higher" ranked riders.
Marginals gains with expense of malfunction and taking risks that can cost overall standings?

euan

by euan

tymon_tm wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:16 am
is there a single rider who has become more successful after leaving SKY?
Gerrans
"Step forward the climber and all those who worship at the altar of lightness" - R. Millar

bruno2000

by bruno2000

Did somebody got a view of the bike of Chris Froome at Tirreno?
It was build with a direct-mount rear dropout and derailleur.

BdaGhisallo

by BdaGhisallo

I have noticed a few of the Sky Pinarellos with DM hangers in the last few weeks. Pina's version looks very similar to the DM hanger Bianchi is putting on the LottoNL bikes.

bruno2000

by bruno2000

I wonder if this the future we are going too?
If so Campagnolo and sram will have to react or framebuilders have to offer their frames with 2 drop-outs.

IchDien

by IchDien

Anyone have a picture?

ave

by ave

Frolle wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:05 pm
Why choose a 50mm wheelset with that kind of wind :noidea:

Definitely a bad decision = not bad luck
So, what do you think of the winner's choice of wheels? :shock:

Wookski

by Wookski

A little wind never bothered Paolini- he probably wanted to run 80’s

Frolle

by Frolle

Good point. :thumbup: I still think it's a weird choise of wheels for a race with extreme wind. Paolini managed to stay on the road and win though and it's hard to argue against a winner. Paolini always had a thing for very high profile wheels in general. Even when training. I remember him riding some Lightweight Fernweg 80mm for training.

nathanong87
Resident master of GIF

by nathanong87

these machines are beauties really

bilwit

by bilwit

bardet dropped over a minute in just a 10km TT... could be he wasn't racing for anything but more likely he didn't improve his TT much at all in the off season

Lelandjt

by Lelandjt

bruno2000 wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:50 am
I wonder if this the future we are going too?
If so Campagnolo and sram will have to react or framebuilders have to offer their frames with 2 drop-outs.
Frame builders will offer 2 dropouts. This has been the way in MTB for like 6 years.

bilwit

by bilwit

Can't believe Sagan is still crying about last year's MSR, he really is a big baby. How has he got this far without acknowledging that other racers will use tactics based on the strengths/weakness of their opponents and themselves? Sagan can contest any sprint no matter who is in the peleton, why would anyone in the break help pull him to the line? Of course they're going to sit on. He used this card at Gent-Wevelgem last year with Terpstra and it made even less sense then -- as if Terpstra is ever, at any point in his lifetime, going to outsprint Sagan in a sprint.. lol

I'm glad he's resolved to "I don't care about the win so much as making a show of it", but still taking shots like "if I won like Kwiatkoski did last year I wouldn't be happy with myself" shows that he's still bitter

Calnago

by Calnago

nathanong87 wrote:these machines are beauties really

No tri-spoke this year?
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

by Weenie