2018 PRO thread

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

Wookski

by Wookski

AJS914 wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:50 pm
Another thought I had was, between Russia's interfering in western elections and wholesale cheating at the Olympics, why doesn't the west tell them to F--- off and cut them off from the internet. It seems like it would be pretty easy to just block all internet traffic in and out of Russia. Screw them, pretend they don't exist. And give them a lifetime ban from the Olympics.
Because the West never interferes in elections or cheats in sporting events?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

BdaGhisallo

by BdaGhisallo

Wookski wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:57 am
AJS914 wrote:
Another thought I had was, between Russia's interfering in western elections and wholesale cheating at the Olympics, why doesn't the west tell them to F--- off and cut them off from the internet. It seems like it would be pretty easy to just block all internet traffic in and out of Russia. Screw them, pretend they don't exist. And give them a lifetime ban from the Olympics.
They all do it and they all, or at least most of them, feign outrage when it is highlighted. It's okay that they know they do it. It's a problem when we know they do it.

Now back to Pro Cycling.

romalor

by romalor

new Kask aero called utopia
We had seen some prototypes last season on Strade Bianchi with Kwiatkoski and on TDF with all sky team.
Now it is finished , according to Kask it is as ventilated as the proton while being more aero ...
https://www.teamsky.com/article/kask-un ... mic-utopia

I've had a protone a few months bought it new second hand for 100 € , it was great super fit super quality ( leather , foams ) . better than specialized and giro at least ... I sold it because it was white , I want black . Now Kask have the valegro witch is light but I think will be too ventilated for me . I like aero helmet cause they tend to cancel a part of the noise of the wind when riding ... The Valegro is at the same price than the proton while being lighter kudos to them 200€ bike24 and 180 gr !!!!!
https://cyclingtips.com/2017/08/listen- ... ring-loss/

itsacarr

by itsacarr

8) Couple shots of him tapping his glasses throughout - could be seeing things but looks like some fun tech.

Edit: better photo:
goo.gl/VihnqL
Just ride ..

Mr.Gib

by Mr.Gib

BdaGhisallo wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:33 pm
Wookski wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:57 am
AJS914 wrote:
They all do it and they all, or at least most of them, feign outrage when it is highlighted. It's okay that they know they do it. It's a problem when we know they do it.
Except of course, at least as far as cheating in sport is concerned, with Russia it is the state that is behind it . For most of the rest of the world the cheating down to athletes, coaches, teams. And only Russia has murdered people to try cover it up. I trust the difference is quite obvious. Elections? Politics? A different topic - not relevant to this thread.
wheelsONfire wrote: When we ride disc brakes the whole deal of braking is just like a leaving a fart. It happens and then it's over. Nothing planned and nothing to get nervous for.

ooo

by ooo

USA CX nationals live stream:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjTkpgZfJA8
'

maquisard

by maquisard

Quite funny in how accurate it is! :D

Willier

by Willier

What is the story behind those yellow and orange specialized helmets and shoes?

TonyM

by TonyM

maquisard wrote:Quite funny in how accurate it is! :D

LOVE it!! ImageImage

TonyM

by TonyM

Willier wrote:What is the story behind those yellow and orange specialized helmets and shoes?

Wow even Sagan wear these!

But some of the riders from Quick Steps who doesn’t wear the yellow/ orange shoes??

romalor

by romalor

Jack Bauer he is wearing north wave , last season too
Viviani with DMT fluo shoes too and transparent glasses

micky

by micky

I think the one on NW shoes is Sabatini.

itsacarr

by itsacarr

Last edited by itsacarr on Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Just ride ..

Rondje

by Rondje

If you'd only show a picture of the shoe/sock combo I would say it's from the Ale Cipollini team

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

dereksmalls

by dereksmalls

itsacarr wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:35 pm
But what about Sagans camera glasses? :shock:
What? Camera glasses? Are they showing stuff on the lenses for him like a read out or is there an actual camera on the frames or something?