2018 PRO thread

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderator: Moderator Team

User avatar
micky
Posts: 4661
Joined: Thu Sep 21, 2006 8:57 pm
Location: Vicenza
Contact:

by micky

Adam Hansen once wrote here that a Tour of Austria he was called for doping control, and while waiting for his turn another rider was asked "do you want to do it?" he said no, and he was free to go.
It's not all about how sophisticated the doping is, but also at who is behind it.

User avatar
Willier
Posts: 1535
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2005 4:37 pm

by Willier

Caja Rural De Rosa bike is beauty
"Smart may have the answers, but stupid have all the interesting questions."

by Weenie


User avatar
LeDuke
Posts: 1116
Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:39 am
Location: Front Range, CO

by LeDuke

Colored duct tape on the podium-issue jersey. See shoulders and chest. Come on, Tibco.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BdzEASblzVk/

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk



User avatar
ave
Posts: 1684
Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2008 10:15 pm
Location: Hungary

by ave

LeDuke wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:39 pm
Colored duct tape on the podium-issue jersey. See shoulders and chest. Come on, Tibco.
What does the tape cover?

pastronef
Posts: 1331
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:33 am
Location: Asti, ITALIA

by pastronef

ave wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:28 pm
LeDuke wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:39 pm
Colored duct tape on the podium-issue jersey. See shoulders and chest. Come on, Tibco.
What does the tape cover?
the SANTINI logo

Multebear
Posts: 969
Joined: Sat May 02, 2015 10:11 pm

by Multebear

Danish amateur (continental) rider Martin Toft Madsen targeted the danish hour record this evening and rode 52.574 km in Ballerup Super Arena just outside of Copenhagen. He won the danish hour record and his performance places him at the 4th best hour in the world. He even beat Rohan Dennis' hour record of 52.491 km from february 2015.

He's not unfamiliar with riding his TT bike. In Oslo in 2017 he placed 21st, and 13th in Doha 2016

Image
Last edited by Multebear on Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Rob81
Posts: 489
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2008 1:54 pm
Location: Northern Italy close to Gavia and Mortirolo
Contact:

by Rob81

Kudos to him. Which supplement screwed his AD test in his previous attempt?
"Martin Toft Madsen set a Danish Hour Record earlier last year, but it was voided after he failed the doping test, for what was deemed a contaminated supplement, which meant he didn't get any ban, but the result was still voided."

Multebear
Posts: 969
Joined: Sat May 02, 2015 10:11 pm

by Multebear

Rob81 wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:52 pm
Kudos to him. Which supplement screwed his AD test in his previous attempt?
"Martin Toft Madsen set a Danish Hour Record earlier last year, but it was voided after he failed the doping test, for what was deemed a contaminated supplement, which meant he didn't get any ban, but the result was still voided."
You know what, whenever someone caught with doping says, that the charges are pure BS, you don't believe them. But in this case, I actually believe him.

And the way I see it, he actually proved his innocence. He was taking some food supplement pills named L-carnitine, that he bought from a big danish supplement company with a very good reputation. The company stated on their webpage, that all their products were 100 % legal and didn't contain banned substances of any kind. By accident their L-carnitine products were contaminated with a DMBA, which is a banned substance. Fortunately he still had some pills left and he handed them over to the anti doping agency. They ran some tests on the pills and they found traces of DMBA in them. In other words he provided proof of the origin of the banned substance and he got a slap on the wrist, but they still cancelled his result on his 2017 hour attempt. He later got an apology from the supplement company, and they removed the information from their webpage describing how their products didn't contain banned substances.

User avatar
Kjetil
Posts: 1367
Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2011 1:17 pm
Location: Hamar, Norway
Contact:

by Kjetil

^Hey, Bergen 2017. Oslo was 1993. Lance Armstrong in the rain.
Bianchi-Campagnolo

nemeseri
Posts: 640
Joined: Tue Apr 07, 2015 5:40 pm

by nemeseri

Multebear wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:53 pm
Rob81 wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:52 pm
Kudos to him. Which supplement screwed his AD test in his previous attempt?
"Martin Toft Madsen set a Danish Hour Record earlier last year, but it was voided after he failed the doping test, for what was deemed a contaminated supplement, which meant he didn't get any ban, but the result was still voided."
You know what, whenever someone caught with doping says, that the charges are pure BS, you don't believe them. But in this case, I actually believe him.

And the way I see it, he actually proved his innocence. He was taking some food supplement pills named L-carnitine, that he bought from a big danish supplement company with a very good reputation. The company stated on their webpage, that all their products were 100 % legal and didn't contain banned substances of any kind. By accident their L-carnitine products were contaminated with a DMBA, which is a banned substance. Fortunately he still had some pills left and he handed them over to the anti doping agency. They ran some tests on the pills and they found traces of DMBA in them. In other words he provided proof of the origin of the banned substance and he got a slap on the wrist, but they still cancelled his result on his 2017 hour attempt. He later got an apology from the supplement company, and they removed the information from their webpage describing how their products didn't contain banned substances.
Woah. This is pretty wild.

dereksmalls
Posts: 2008
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:20 pm
Location: New Zealand

by dereksmalls

Multebear wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:53 pm
Rob81 wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:52 pm
Kudos to him. Which supplement screwed his AD test in his previous attempt?
"Martin Toft Madsen set a Danish Hour Record earlier last year, but it was voided after he failed the doping test, for what was deemed a contaminated supplement, which meant he didn't get any ban, but the result was still voided."
You know what, whenever someone caught with doping says, that the charges are pure BS, you don't believe them. But in this case, I actually believe him.

And the way I see it, he actually proved his innocence. He was taking some food supplement pills named L-carnitine, that he bought from a big danish supplement company with a very good reputation. The company stated on their webpage, that all their products were 100 % legal and didn't contain banned substances of any kind. By accident their L-carnitine products were contaminated with a DMBA, which is a banned substance. Fortunately he still had some pills left and he handed them over to the anti doping agency. They ran some tests on the pills and they found traces of DMBA in them. In other words he provided proof of the origin of the banned substance and he got a slap on the wrist, but they still cancelled his result on his 2017 hour attempt. He later got an apology from the supplement company, and they removed the information from their webpage describing how their products didn't contain banned substances.
Woah, it's not often that ever gets proved!

Squashednuts
Posts: 277
Joined: Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:12 am
Location: Christchurch New Zealand

by Squashednuts

Women's Tour Down Under
Truck destroys the finish line

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-01-11/h ... ne/9320758

MRM
Posts: 330
Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2015 8:15 pm

by MRM

Multebear wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:53 pm
Rob81 wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:52 pm
Kudos to him. Which supplement screwed his AD test in his previous attempt?
"Martin Toft Madsen set a Danish Hour Record earlier last year, but it was voided after he failed the doping test, for what was deemed a contaminated supplement, which meant he didn't get any ban, but the result was still voided."
You know what, whenever someone caught with doping says, that the charges are pure BS, you don't believe them. But in this case, I actually believe him.

And the way I see it, he actually proved his innocence. He was taking some food supplement pills named L-carnitine, that he bought from a big danish supplement company with a very good reputation. The company stated on their webpage, that all their products were 100 % legal and didn't contain banned substances of any kind. By accident their L-carnitine products were contaminated with a DMBA, which is a banned substance. Fortunately he still had some pills left and he handed them over to the anti doping agency. They ran some tests on the pills and they found traces of DMBA in them. In other words he provided proof of the origin of the banned substance and he got a slap on the wrist, but they still cancelled his result on his 2017 hour attempt. He later got an apology from the supplement company, and they removed the information from their webpage describing how their products didn't contain banned substances.
So what stops him from having wilfully contaminated pills to hand in as a built in excuse and get out of jail free card?

AFAIK WADA has to also go out with their investigative team and purchase those pills independently and find the same substance contamination to result in an acquittal. FYI

nathanong87
Resident master of GIF
Posts: 3172
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:44 am
Contact:

by nathanong87

MRM wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:47 am

So what stops him from having wilfully contaminated pills to hand in as a built in excuse and get out of jail free card?

AFAIK WADA has to also go out with their investigative team and purchase those pills independently and find the same substance contamination to result in an acquittal. FYI
totally unrelated to cycling but related.... rogan had novitzky on his podcast recently and this exact question was raised for jon jones. I believe (and to paraphrase) he went onto say that if indeed there is a tainted supplement the story and amount and traces in his (jones) system would have to match the supplement and their procurement/tests of it.

22:05 to about 24:40
https://youtu.be/-xxfT301Ii8?t=22m5s

by Weenie


User avatar
LeDuke
Posts: 1116
Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:39 am
Location: Front Range, CO

by LeDuke

pastronef wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:04 pm
ave wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:28 pm
LeDuke wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:39 pm
Colored duct tape on the podium-issue jersey. See shoulders and chest. Come on, Tibco.
What does the tape cover?
the SANTINI logo
Take a look at the shoulders, too. Not as obvious at first glance, but still.

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post