2018 PRO thread

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

maquisard

by maquisard

Until the next crash...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

sovereign

by sovereign

Test

djcharlou

by djcharlou

amazing how he lost his right shoe ! The shoe bump into the lotto Nl rider then goes back on the yellow thing. Man that must hurt

Rondje

by Rondje

CrankAddictsRich wrote:
Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:54 am
seriously though... Valverde. c'mon.
Seems to be the only smart rider. Rumors about shortening todays stage where already going on yesterday. Yet Valverde was the only one anticipating it, by taking boni seconds at the intermediate sprint.

Wookski

by Wookski

bilwit wrote:
Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:33 pm
Truly pathetic to see Kwiatkowski and Sagan playing cat & mouse while Nibali was sailing to victory. I watched it live on a stream and they showed Sagan starting to chase for a little bit with Kwiatkowski on his wheel and then he decided he was having none of that and swung off, then Kwiatkowski slowed down and looked around for someone else to pull :lol:
Pathetic? Not really just didn’t happen. Situations like this favour the brave and tactically astute- Nibali was both.

Antoine

by Antoine

petal666 wrote:
Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:46 am
TwiggyTN wrote:
Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:37 am
Wonder if anyone at Michelton-Scott wondered what might have been if Trentin was pulling to close it down for Ewan rather than taking a solo flyer....I know, hindsight being 20/20 and all but it's the first tjing I thought of.
Was discussing this today. I think having 2 leaders allowed him to have a go, but might have cost them the race.
Trentin was supposed to work for Ewan after the top of the Poggio but I don't think so, it would have been a different sprint if Michelton or another team could catch Nibali before the last 500m.
Ewan was smart and fast but Kristoff and Demare started their sprint too late, next year everybody will keep an eye on Ewan.
Reducing team size played a big factor I think, with one more rider FDJ and QS could have catch Nibali.
And too bad Greipel and his teamates crashed in the descent.
Kittell was one of the first rider dropped, now he knows what to expect in this race.

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

Wookski wrote:
Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:00 am
bilwit wrote:
Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:33 pm
Truly pathetic to see Kwiatkowski and Sagan playing cat & mouse while Nibali was sailing to victory. I watched it live on a stream and they showed Sagan starting to chase for a little bit with Kwiatkowski on his wheel and then he decided he was having none of that and swung off, then Kwiatkowski slowed down and looked around for someone else to pull :lol:
Pathetic? Not really just didn’t happen. Situations like this favour the brave and tactically astute- Nibali was both.
did you watch it ?... I saw the exact same as bilwit. Sagan saw K on his tail and let off the gas, probably not wanting a drag him up to Nibs. Nothing against Nibs... it was an awesome move that tooks guts.
2024 BMC TeamMachine R Building
2018 BMC TImeMachine Road
2002 Moots Compact-SL- getting aero look makeover
2019 Parlee Z0XD - "classified"
2023 Pivot E-Vault - completed project, full Xplr package

tymon_tm

by tymon_tm

it was pretty apparent they didn't want to chase - not couldn't but wouldn't. same goes for Kwiatkowski, who was shown getting up front and looking back like he was waiting for something. this passive kind of riding really puts me off and I wonder how DSs put up with that kind of behavior from their top riders?
kkibbler wrote: WW remembers.

happyon2wheels

by happyon2wheels

What a great win by Thomas De Gendt in Volta a Catalunya today. I really enjoy his always opportunistic way of riding. Strong legs, clever mind and a bit of luck, road riding just the way I like it :thumbup:

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

^^^ Couldn't agree more... whenever you see him in a break, you knw he's gonna make something happen or completely exhaust himself, trying.

Wookski

by Wookski

spdntrxi wrote:
Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:59 pm

did you watch it ?... I saw the exact same as bilwit. Sagan saw K on his tail and let off the gas, probably not wanting a drag him up to Nibs. Nothing against Nibs... it was an awesome move that tooks guts.
Watched it live and although boring by the time they approached Via Roma the race changed and favoured the sprinters catching Nibali. Remember K was caught after attacking over the Poggio in 2016?

Similar thing happened with K & S at Strade Bianche.

Wookski

by Wookski

tymon_tm wrote:
Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:43 pm
it was pretty apparent they didn't want to chase - not couldn't but wouldn't. same goes for Kwiatkowski, who was shown getting up front and looking back like he was waiting for something. this passive kind of riding really puts me off and I wonder how DSs put up with that kind of behavior from their top riders?
The same DS that put up with having world champions and monument winners on their teams

boysa

by boysa

Cycling is closer to chess than it is to World's Strongest Man.
"Deserve's got nothing to do with it." William Munny

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

bilwit

by bilwit

boysa wrote:
Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:44 pm
Cycling is closer to chess than it is to World's Strongest Man.
That's what makes bunch races interesting. ITTs are closer to World's Strongest Man :wink: