2018 PRO thread

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

peted76

by peted76

MRM wrote:
Rob81 wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:48 am
Aru is one of the few still using them.
Well Aru... :wink:
Oh Aru...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Rudi

by Rudi

The guy does know how to suffer though.
Cervelo R3 - 5.4kg viewtopic.php?f=10&t=142420

Jenmoss

by Jenmoss

And if Aru can get some form ,he seems to be the only rider that has the ba## s to attack and lay it on the road. If he can get his vuelta winning form back then maybe we will get some excitement this year and he can take over Bertie’s mantle.

AJS914

by AJS914

Gripel wins stage 1 of the TDU:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLZNG4YU29g

I guess Caleb Ewan has made the big time if guys like Greipel are taking his wheel.

It looks like Sagan had the power to win but he was boxed in and started his sprint late.

tymon_tm

by tymon_tm

so how long has it been since Froome's positive? any idea what's going on? the season's about to kick off and the biggest favourite of the most important races is somewhere in the limbo. I guess it's not just me who's waiting for the news, what about race organizers? other cyclists? WTF is it the UCI is doing in the subject?
kkibbler wrote: WW remembers.

Attermann

by Attermann

Maybe ewan would win if he didn’t look so damn stupid sprinting

AJS914

by AJS914

I noticed that Greipel was getting really low at times during that sprint. I bet Ewan is having an influence.

TonyM

by TonyM

"Chris Froome set to argue that kidney problem caused adverse salbutamol test" :roll:

http://www.cyclingweekly.com/news/racin ... est-365861

LeDuke

by LeDuke

TonyM wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:09 pm
"Chris Froome set to argue that kidney problem caused adverse salbutamol test" :roll:

That's just insulting.

"My body isn't operating at 100%, but somehow I'm capable of riding the best riders in the world off my wheel during a three week stage race."

Come on.

dereksmalls

by dereksmalls

Pleased Andre is back to winning, he needed that boost. Froome is a lying insult, kidney problems, FFS!

Imaking20

by Imaking20

Attermann wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:56 pm
Maybe ewan would win if he didn’t look so damn stupid sprinting
This.

Also it just seems like his positioning and timing isn't quite up to par with the most elite sprinters. I think he's often at the front too early and tends to be early to kick off his sprint. In my mind, stylistically and physically, he's the next Cav. Once he figures out to wait until the last moment and rely on his explosion rather than necessarily his top speed (which isn't up to par with Greipel or Kittel) - I think he'll be a force.

bilwit

by bilwit

tymon_tm wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:15 pm
so how long has it been since Froome's positive? any idea what's going on? the season's about to kick off and the biggest favourite of the most important races is somewhere in the limbo. I guess it's not just me who's waiting for the news, what about race organizers? other cyclists? WTF is it the UCI is doing in the subject?
he's going to ride his race program, win a few grand tours, then, if justice would have it, get retroactively stripped of all his victories that happened between Vuelta 2016 and 2020, when they finally conclude the case after passively waiting on Froome--who would love to just sit this through and let the public stir die down--to plead his case :roll:

ave

by ave

Louis Meintjes

This seems stupid to make jerseys so useless. I mean if you have to put sunscreen on your back is it any better than having a bit thicker jersey without sunscreen?

tymon_tm

by tymon_tm

LeDuke wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:22 pm
TonyM wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:09 pm

That's just insulting.

"My body isn't operating at 100%, but somehow I'm capable of riding the best riders in the world off my wheel during a three week stage race."

Come on.
why do I get the feeling he's gonna overthrow Lance to become THE most hated cyclist in history? or does he simply like being poured piss at?
kkibbler wrote: WW remembers.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

mentok

by mentok

ave wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:10 pm
This seems stupid to make jerseys so useless. I mean if you have to put sunscreen on your back is it any better than having a bit thicker jersey without sunscreen?
Southern hemisphere sun is brutal, the ozone hole is still a thing. Not putting a lot of sunscreen on underneath a superlight jersey is a massive oversight. Whoops.