2018 PRO thread

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

tonytourist

by tonytourist

NM - Website is outdated :idea:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

petelars

by petelars

http://www.cyclingpub.com/article/3580/ ... +of+Astana

Astana in severe financial difficulties due to lack of funds from Kazakh state.

I don't know if it's just Vino playing politics or if the team is actually in financial distress, but that's interesting.

Wookski

by Wookski

petelars wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:58 am

I don't know if it's just Vino playing politics or if the team is actually in financial distress, but that's interesting.
How many teams need to fold before the UCI & race organisers act on the fundamental issue of economics in the world tour? It’s a f£#ken joke

Rondje

by Rondje

Wookski wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:39 am
petelars wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:58 am

How many teams need to fold before the UCI & race organisers act on the fundamental issue of economics in the world tour? It’s a f£#ken joke
Isn't it the ASO who objects against any sort of change more then the UCI does? They profit the most from the current state of cycling.

IchDien

by IchDien

DOes anyone have a decent link for omloop, RAI not showing it.

TurboKoo

by TurboKoo

I’m looking at Sporza live in YouTube
https://youtu.be/u13m7Ld5sGg
Cannondale SuperSix
Shimano 9270

IchDien

by IchDien

I can't speak Dutch unfortunately...but maybe it's better than carlton kirby; thanks!

AJS914

by AJS914

Tiz has a nice feed rigth now:

http://tiz-cycling.stream/

TurboKoo

by TurboKoo

I missed Sagan. Like GVA said it’s easy to ride with him as he always tries and goes all out.
Cannondale SuperSix
Shimano 9270

Attermann

by Attermann

No need for Sagan when Valgren wins!! :D

happyon2wheels

by happyon2wheels

Being Danish I didn't miss Sagan. At all.

Spectacular win by Michael Valgren!

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

happyon2wheels wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:35 pm
Being Danish I didn't miss Sagan. At all.

Spectacular win by Michael Valgren!
Pretty awesome win for sure... Great strategy from him and Astana. What did they have, 3 guys in that final group. he attacked way earlier, basically his teammates a free ride. The bunch all sat up, hoping that someone else would work, and no one did. Chapeau to him! If you take the chance, sometimes you win.

Lelandjt

by Lelandjt

spdntrxi wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:03 pm
Mr.Gib wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:51 pm
And it was a Benz - WTF!!! Someone should pay for that. A system like that cannot be intentional - that would be insane. There is an auto brake system that brakes for front obstacles. Perhaps the rear sensor for proximity warning used for parking was accidentally connected to the auto-brake system.
"Yes, this makes no sense"... "I have a Subaru with all the lastest braking shat... they call it RAB and it only works in the rear when I am in neutral or reverse."
That could be a problem. In manual transmition cars, which are common outside the US, many drivers use neutral to coast and many more will pause in nuetral for a few moments when downshifting in traffic that is slowing at an uncertain rate. Most drivers use nuetral with the clutch engaged during the last 100ft approaching a stop light. This system seems like a disaster.

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

Lelandjt wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:02 pm
spdntrxi wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:03 pm
Mr.Gib wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:51 pm
And it was a Benz - WTF!!! Someone should pay for that. A system like that cannot be intentional - that would be insane. There is an auto brake system that brakes for front obstacles. Perhaps the rear sensor for proximity warning used for parking was accidentally connected to the auto-brake system.
"Yes, this makes no sense"... "I have a Subaru with all the lastest braking shat... they call it RAB and it only works in the rear when I am in neutral or reverse."
That could be a problem. In manual transmition cars, which are common outside the US, many drivers use neutral to coast and many more will pause in nuetral for a few moments when downshifting in traffic that is slowing at an uncertain rate. Most drivers use nuetral with the clutch engaged during the last 100ft approaching a stop light. This system seems like a disaster.
yeah I rechecked my subi but did not go back an correct this post.. it DOES NOT engage in neutral.
2024 BMC TeamMachine R
2018 BMC TImeMachine Road
2002 Moots Compact-SL
2019 Parlee Z0XD - "classified"
2023 Pivot E-Vault

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

bikewithnoname

by bikewithnoname

Classy ride from Valgren today. Classics season is the best part of the year
"We live in an age when unnecessary things are our only necessities." Oscar Wilde