2018 PRO thread

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

happyon2wheels

by happyon2wheels

zirxo wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:28 am
I think they should've done something with the wheels aswell. Too much black at the moment imo!
At least the wheels no longer have Giant written in a different font. But the shorts....ouch. White shorts works for absolutely nobody :shock:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Rondje

by Rondje

Should have given him black bibs indeed.

IchDien

by IchDien

Predictions for Omloop / K-B-K?

LouisN

by LouisN

I can't wait for this week end. Yes, GVA will be strong for shure.
I was hoping Naesen would be strong, but with a broken nose it's an uncertain bet.
Is Jasper Stuyven leader of his team for early classics ?

Louis :)

IchDien

by IchDien

All this talk about Wellens...time for him to step up?

mrlobber

by mrlobber

The weather forecast around Ghent looks rather nice with all the polar vortex coldness descending on the North/East and also Western Europe: below zero up until afternoon (and probably later in places where sunshine penetrates less). Depending on humidity, they might better be prepared for some black-iced corners around the town.
Minimum bike categories required in the stable:
Aero bike | GC bike | GC rim bike | Climbing bike | Climbing rim bike | Classics bike | Gravel bike | TT bike | Indoors bike

Swannie

by Swannie

yep it will be cold, but as it is very dry here in Belgium for the moment, no worries on ice corners!

ms6073

by ms6073

wingguy wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:18 am
It hurts my eyes :shock:
Hope Dumoulin does not have to make an unplanned nature break in that kit. :shock:
- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"

LeDuke

by LeDuke

Holy crap.

Why would a car have brakes that automatically apply when objects approach it from the REAR? Why would you want to brake check other people like that? Can anyone think of a reason why this is a thing?

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/abu-dha ... ish-crash/

Mr.Gib

by Mr.Gib

And it was a Benz - WTF!!! Someone should pay for that. A system like that cannot be intentional - that would be insane. There is an auto brake system that brakes for front obstacles. Perhaps the rear sensor for proximity warning used for parking was accidentally connected to the auto-brake system.
wheelsONfire wrote: When we ride disc brakes the whole deal of braking is just like a leaving a fart. It happens and then it's over. Nothing planned and nothing to get nervous for.

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

Mr.Gib wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:51 pm
And it was a Benz - WTF!!! Someone should pay for that. A system like that cannot be intentional - that would be insane. There is an auto brake system that brakes for front obstacles. Perhaps the rear sensor for proximity warning used for parking was accidentally connected to the auto-brake system.
yes this makes no sense... why would a car brake (in forward drive) from something approaching from the rear. Benz has some explaining to do. I have a Subaru with all the lastest braking shat... they call it RAB and it only works in the rear when I am in neutral or reverse !
2024 BMC TeamMachine R Building
2018 BMC TImeMachine Road
2002 Moots Compact-SL- getting aero look makeover
2019 Parlee Z0XD - "classified"
2023 Pivot E-Vault - completed project, full Xplr package

ichobi

by ichobi

Dan Mcclay seems to be riding a new Cannondale aero road bike. I mean look at those seatstays. Also aero bar. Any clues?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LeDuke

by LeDuke

spdntrxi wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:03 pm
Mr.Gib wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:51 pm
yes this makes no sense... why would a car brake (in forward drive) from something approaching from the rear. Benz has some explaining to do. I have a Subaru with all the lastest braking shat... they call it RAB and it only works in the rear when I am in neutral or reverse !
Yeah, my parents have that. I was moving their car out of the way once and it kicked in.

I'm trying to think of a scenario in which the RAB would engage when driving forwards. Maybe if you put the car in neutral while going forwards? Could you test that? My 2008 Impreza doesn't have such new-fangled technology.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Tenlegs

by Tenlegs

Could have been triggered by bikes swarming around the sides?