2018 PRO thread

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

Mr.Gib

by Mr.Gib

That sunburn is nasty. How is that guy going to sleep? Putting sunscreen on your back? At least the pros have soigneurs to do that. And for lower level racers using that type of kit? "hey pal, c'mon over here and put lotion on by back". :P

Would be a good idea to regulate the sun protection factor for back and shoulders of jerseys.
wheelsONfire wrote: When we ride disc brakes the whole deal of braking is just like a leaving a fart. It happens and then it's over. Nothing planned and nothing to get nervous for.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Wookski

by Wookski

mentok wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:59 am
ave wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:10 pm
This seems stupid to make jerseys so useless. I mean if you have to put sunscreen on your back is it any better than having a bit thicker jersey without sunscreen?
Southern hemisphere sun is brutal, the ozone hole is still a thing. Not putting a lot of sunscreen on underneath a superlight jersey is a massive oversight. Whoops.
I did a 5 hour ride in 42+ degree heat (Sydney) a fortnight ago and was sunburnt through a midweight (not superlight) jersey. Lucky it was only the tops of my shoulders/ upper back. The sun is savage in Australia!

Rondje

by Rondje

bilwit wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:36 pm
tymon_tm wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:15 pm
so how long has it been since Froome's positive? any idea what's going on? the season's about to kick off and the biggest favourite of the most important races is somewhere in the limbo. I guess it's not just me who's waiting for the news, what about race organizers? other cyclists? WTF is it the UCI is doing in the subject?
he's going to ride his race program, win a few grand tours, then, if justice would have it, get retroactively stripped of all his victories that happened between Vuelta 2016 and 2020, when they finally conclude the case after passively waiting on Froome--who would love to just sit this through and let the public stir die down--to plead his case :roll:
I saw on article on Sporza that Lappartient want to finish it before the start of the Giro. I think it's all up to Froome and Sky now to proof his innocence. But having a deadline should be required, else he can spend endless amount of time and money to make up excuses.
http://sporza.be/cm/sporza/wielrennen/1.3127621 (article in Dutch)

MikeM

by MikeM

Anyone know what saddle Antoine Duchesne has on his bike (at the front of this pic); spotted it during the TdU coveage, but couldn't think which manufacturer it was from.

"Life without passion is empty" - Eddy Merckx
So that explains the hours on a bike...

benzebub

by benzebub

someone passes a positive doping test and the UCI keeps quiet, hoping that it dies on it's own.. no measures whatsoever

meanwhile, people are late filling in a form because of a mistake the UCI made and they are suspended/banned from riding a race, effective immediately..

credibility = below zero
But I could be wrong

TurboKoo

by TurboKoo

MikeM wrote:Anyone know what saddle Antoine Duchesne has on his bike (at the front of this pic); spotted it during the TdU coveage, but couldn't think which manufacturer it was from.

He is using Prologo saddle. Don’t know model.
Cannondale SuperSix
Shimano 9270

tymon_tm

by tymon_tm

Rondje wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:25 pm
bilwit wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:36 pm
tymon_tm wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:15 pm
so how long has it been since Froome's positive? any idea what's going on? the season's about to kick off and the biggest favourite of the most important races is somewhere in the limbo. I guess it's not just me who's waiting for the news, what about race organizers? other cyclists? WTF is it the UCI is doing in the subject?
he's going to ride his race program, win a few grand tours, then, if justice would have it, get retroactively stripped of all his victories that happened between Vuelta 2016 and 2020, when they finally conclude the case after passively waiting on Froome--who would love to just sit this through and let the public stir die down--to plead his case :roll:
I saw on article on Sporza that Lappartient want to finish it before the start of the Giro. I think it's all up to Froome and Sky now to proof his innocence. But having a deadline should be required, else he can spend endless amount of time and money to make up excuses.
http://sporza.be/cm/sporza/wielrennen/1.3127621 (article in Dutch)
has the UCI ever given time for any athlete to figure his sh&t out?
kkibbler wrote: WW remembers.

Fiery

by Fiery

MikeM wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:50 pm
Anyone know what saddle Antoine Duchesne has on his bike (at the front of this pic); spotted it during the TdU coveage, but couldn't think which manufacturer it was from.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DRQ3VSLXcAAsnE1.jpg:large
Prologo Dimension.

nemeseri

by nemeseri

benzebub wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:17 pm
someone passes a positive doping test and the UCI keeps quiet, hoping that it dies on it's own.. no measures whatsoever

meanwhile, people are late filling in a form because of a mistake the UCI made and they are suspended/banned from riding a race, effective immediately..

credibility = below zero
It's not a positive doping test, it's an adverse analytical finding. Every other cyclist had the same treatment before in the case of AAF, so I don't see how it would be different for Froome. They kept quite because it's not a doping positive, yet.

On the other hand I think it wasn't ethical to keep this info from the giro organizers and announce the appearance, but I guess it's probably part of the defence. Look, I'm sure I'm innocent.

prebsy

by prebsy

Attermann wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:56 pm
Maybe ewan would win if he didn’t look so damn stupid sprinting
:oops:

Attermann

by Attermann

prebsy wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:26 pm
Attermann wrote:
:oops:
Doesn't matter, still stupid. :lol:

Imaking20

by Imaking20

Imaking20 wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:07 pm
Also it just seems like his positioning and timing isn't quite up to par with the most elite sprinters. I think he's often at the front too early and tends to be early to kick off his sprint. In my mind, stylistically and physically, he's the next Cav. Once he figures out to wait until the last moment and rely on his explosion rather than necessarily his top speed (which isn't up to par with Greipel or Kittel) - I think he'll be a force.
Apparently he heard me.

TonyM

by TonyM

Who would be the GC contender at the TdF for Sky if Froome is suspended?
What do you think?

wingguy

by wingguy

Thomas. He's already spoken about going to the Tour this year with freedom to chase his own podium instead of being a super-domestique like before. Maybe alongside Wout Poels if he's back on top form?

Heck, if Froome does get a full length ban Thomas would default to being their main guy for 2019 as well, and wouldn't have to leave for Trek at the end of the season.

KarlC

by KarlC

Attermann wrote:
In his early years .....

https://www.facebook.com/ElevenVelo/vid ... =2&theater
C64 My Sixty 4 SR EPS 12

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com