2018 PRO thread

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

Rondje

by Rondje

It feels like Jungels been in the peloton for ages, while he is still only 25 years old. Great ride of him, nice to see a solo attack hold in LBL for a change.

TonyM

by TonyM

Yepp !!! That was a nice year with solo attacks in Milan San Remo, De Ronde, Paris-Roubaix and now in La Doyenne!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Frolle

by Frolle

pastronef wrote:
Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:23 pm
themidge wrote:
Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:14 pm
I may be wrong, but isn't the current Quick Step team just a continuation of the Mapei team with different sponsors? Could be one for all you conspiracy theorists :wink:
unless that's totally not true and I've had it all wrong please enlighten me
I think Quickstep is coming from Domo-FarmFrites the team began in 2001 with Lefevre Museeuw Knaven and co? Boonen joined the team in 2003 when it became Quickstep-Davitamon
Todays Quick Step team was a merge of the closing Mapei team and the Domo team in 2003.

Daniel1975

by Daniel1975

Frolle wrote:
Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:04 am

Todays Quick Step team was a merge of the closing Mapei team and the Domo team in 2003.
And with the doctor from Saunier Duval (Ricco, Piepoli), arrested in the Lampe case and mentioned in the Willy Voet case..... :noidea:

Wookski

by Wookski

Daniel1975 wrote:
Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:15 am
Frolle wrote:

And with the doctor from Saunier Duval (Ricco, Piepoli), arrested in the Lampe case and mentioned in the Willy Voet case..... :noidea:
He’d be an expert in exercise physiology

spookyload

by spookyload

Did any of the Eurosport coverage talk about why Alaphilppe didn’t celebrate his win crossing the line? I watched the replay on NBCsports today and Christian Vandelvelde mentioned Alaphilppe’s earpiece was dead and he thought Nibali was still off the front. He thought he was sprinting for second, thus no arms in the air. Also explains why he freaked out at the finish when they told him he won.

Frolle

by Frolle

Daniel1975 wrote:
Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:15 am
Frolle wrote:

José Ibarguren. Unbeleiveable that Quick Step is getting away with having a doctor with his reputation in their medical staff :noidea:

pastronef

by pastronef

BMC:

any news about the team?

the company is called Continuun Sports LLC and it could be totally changed (or folded) next year.
my questions are:
was Andy Rihs owner of Continuum Sports LLC?
the team is not even sure they will race with BMC bikes next year?
Ochowitz seemed optimistic in his interviews last month, maybe he knows something we dont?

zirxo

by zirxo

spookyload wrote:
Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:25 am
Did any of the Eurosport coverage talk about why Alaphilppe didn’t celebrate his win crossing the line? I watched the replay on NBCsports today and Christian Vandelvelde mentioned Alaphilppe’s earpiece was dead and he thought Nibali was still off the front. He thought he was sprinting for second, thus no arms in the air. Also explains why he freaked out at the finish when they told him he won.
Exactly, he thought that Nibbles was ahead of him and that he came in as second place.

prebsy

by prebsy

LBL felt pretty boring. I wish woods followed over the cote de la roche, I believe he was the wheel that let him go. If nothing else we could have seen an exciting fight to the line, although Jungels looked too strong on the day.

tymon_tm

by tymon_tm

IMHO all the classics this year, except for Strade, were pretty boring-ish, at least compared to last year's editions

and as the GT season looms, I'm not sure how to feel about the fact for many, myself included, the competition seems tarnished from the get go.

I guess what it really means is more free afternoons for riding :thumbup:
kkibbler wrote: WW remembers.

Rondje

by Rondje

I felt Amstel and RVV were decently exciting and this year LBL been the most interesting one in years. Normally it's Wellens who goes kamikaze like Jungels did this year but this year Jungels made it stick. I think the bad weather played a huge part in keeping the races closed for a long time. It surely has been a hard spring season this year due to that weather.

TwiggyTN

by TwiggyTN

prebsy wrote:LBL felt pretty boring. I wish woods followed over the cote de la roche, I believe he was the wheel that let him go. If nothing else we could have seen an exciting fight to the line, although Jungels looked too strong on the day.
Did he let him go or could he not descend as well? I did not see the move.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Wookski

by Wookski

TwiggyTN wrote:
Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:25 pm
prebsy wrote:LBL felt pretty boring. I wish woods followed over the cote de la roche, I believe he was the wheel that let him go. If nothing else we could have seen an exciting fight to the line, although Jungels looked too strong on the day.
Did he let him go or could he not descend as well? I did not see the move.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Both- he fell asleep at the wheel. I get the feeling EF would be upset with a win, coming second is their ultimate goal. Winning is not compatible with their zero f&cks given attitude.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

otoman

by otoman

Totally accurate. No pressure with second place. It also confirms their self-professed “clean” status whereas winning seems to raise the doping questions.
Age and treachery shall overcome youth and skill