2018 on the Road Today.

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

kingtom

by kingtom

And back homeImageImageImage

Gesendet von meinem VTR-L09 mit Tapatalk

Geoff

by Geoff

Beautiful. It looks like spring everywhere but here (-15, -22 with the wind chill, up to 10cm of snow). Keep us dreaming!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Fiery

by Fiery

I did skip two week's riding, true, but I never expected to go from full winter kit straight to summer kit between two rides.

Image Image Image

eriktu

by eriktu

Just another Majorcan road...

PinaRene

by PinaRene

Did a part of Tour the Flandres today with my son and a friend. We did the blue route - known for the cobble climbs like : * De Oude Kwaremont - Paterberg - Koppenberg - Maria Borrestraat and so on... It was a 77Km ride and I was happy on the Koppenberg with the 11-30 cassette with my 39 inner chainring. We had an average of 26 km/h what is not too bad in this part of the season for me.

Also had a pass-by with Olivier Naessens who was on a training ride with 2 friends or colleagues.
Last edited by PinaRene on Fri Apr 13, 2018 5:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Strava... java... where are the pics?! Especially of the Koppenberg!
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

PinaRene

by PinaRene

Calnago wrote:
Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:13 pm
Strava... java... where are the pics?! Especially of the Koppenberg!
Sorry , no pics yet , my friend took one, but he has to send it to me. :oops: .... We only live 90Km from Oudenaarde so we ride here 2 or 3 times a year, but have some from last year, on the Scott Foil / Campa Bora's.

Btw - I rode the 77 Km yesterday with Campagnolo Hyperon Ultra 2, matched with some Vittoria's Corsa Grapheen 25mm on my Holdsworth. Great bike and damn fine wheels on the cobbles.

Muur van Geraardsbergen.

With Paolo Bettini

And one from Oudenaarde Centrum RVV
Last edited by PinaRene on Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:45 am, edited 2 times in total.

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Those work! Thx.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

3Pio

by 3Pio

Nice 2570 meters climb ride from yesterday....ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

coriordan

by coriordan

Amstel Gold Race Sportive. Bloody amazing day on the bike. Spoiled with empty roads, no wind, glorious sunshine and every type of beer under the sun.

themidge

by themidge

Did the classic coast ride from Edinburgh to North Berwick today, to the chippy! (that's a shop that sells battered fish and 'fries' to you Yanks)
And this is a different ride, but I had a good chuckle at these signs :lol: .

What's that I hear you saying? Speak up back there.
"Hey themidge, you're really really good at taking photos and your camera is amazing!"
I know, I know, I'll try and reel it in next time :mrgreen: .

jorryt

by jorryt

I was there as well but those emty roads were nowhere to be seen

coriordan

by coriordan

What time did you set off? Saw a small handful of cars and obviously some other riders. Garmin says I set off at 7.20 (not sure if that is UK time or local time) but generally speaking we were WAY ahead of the bulk of the entrants. We did 145km. It was perfect.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com