2018 on the Road Today.

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

wingguy

by wingguy

Fun ride in a real mixed bag of weather yesterday.

South coast looking lovely - and about 20C warmer than it actually was;

Woolly baa-baas glad they're still woolly;

Because this suddenly started happening on every windward hillside :shock: ;

And back to looking like spring again an hour later;

Today was sunny all through but if anything even colder. Can just make out a falcon enjoying the 25mph block headwind I'd just been struggling into for an hour and a half;

And luckily we don't often get this in mid afternoon in this part of the world!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Nice juxtaposition of Winguys nice “mixed weather” ride and Beeatnik’s California Dreamin’ ride in the last two posts. But on one ride you don’t need a ski mask. Hmmm, tough call but I think sitting outside of Hendricks gallery post ride has my name all over it.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

wingguy

by wingguy

Hehe I’m quite proud of those rides, buuuut... yeah I’m with you on that! Given the choice I’d rather be riding somewhere closer to 30C than 30F :P

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

I know what you mean. Something about being a “hard man” and enduring the elements of a ride. It’s quite satisfying in a strange way. But these days... gimme sommadat sunshine. Warm sunshine. However now that the Classics are upon us... Bring on the hard men of cycling! Yay!
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

beeatnik

by beeatnik

Cal, we've had historic low temperatures in the last 10 days. My last few rides have started near 1C. But the sun has been shining bright so once you get moving similar to Wingguy's first photo, it feels 10C warmer.

Today's ride, 40F to start

Coffee along the bike path aka someone once said cyclists can't have nice things

]Image
Last edited by beeatnik on Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Beeatnik: I like your style more and more every day. Hey, quite some time ago I remember a video on here I think of a rider just bombing down some descent down your way I think. Like Cancellara, weaving past cyclists, carving super nice turns etc. I thought that was you? Was it? Post it again if it was, please.

beeatnik

by beeatnik

Cal, based on my average speeds and misplaced temerity, I would claim to be 80% as elegant as Cancellara descending the Mean Streets of Los Angeles (and less mean roads of the Santa Monica and San Gabriel Mountains). That said, I'm not certain there is a video of my exploits. Though my riding partners would be wise to review the movies in their heads (of following my wheel) to learn proper technique and lines. That and picking up a Colnago.

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

I may have to go back and see if I can’t dig that up again. I can’t remember who posted it but pretty sure it was in last year’s edition of this thread.

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

Wasn't it Ryan bombing on fresh tubs?

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Using Tapatalk

nismosr

by nismosr

beeatnik wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:52 am
Los Angeles is Basque for Whale's Teet

Sunday Ride in the Park!

wow that guys is carrying a dslr camera !
2020 Colnago C64 Mapei-SR12 EPS-WTO 60
2021 Basso Diamante SV-SR12 Disc EPS-WTO 60
2023 Colnago G3X-SRAM AXS Force-Levante

wingguy

by wingguy

Tentative bimble into work on the beater mtb...

But some nice things to play around with when I was there. Turns out crusty snow makes a pretty good bike stand :P

Geoff

by Geoff

Ha! Looks the same as here! We got another 40cm today. We have had more snow in the last 30 days that in any year since 1833. The road season seems like a very long way away.

dolophonic

by dolophonic

So Cal riding ..

TonyM

by TonyM

Such a nice road to bike!

wingguy

by wingguy

Geoff wrote:
Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:45 am
Ha! Looks the same as here! We got another 40cm today.
40!? That's hilarious :lol: We've had about 4cm here and everything has ground to a halt for days. Totally unprepared and no-one has a clue what to do :oops: :P :lol:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com