Road Bike Pain

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

KCookie

by KCookie

outnumbered wrote:Can you post a photo of your bike? That might show if you have some obvious setup problem.

Don't give up, there will be a solution...
As far as i can see there's no setup issue.
Im hoping the solution comes sooner that later, my groin cant take much more. !!Image

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

KCookie

by KCookie

antonioiglesius wrote:Are your sitbones supported? If not, you'll be sitting on your perineum, and the cutout won't help. If your sitbones aren't supported, either you're sitting too far in front, or your sitbones are too wide for the saddle. Or the cutout isn't wide enough.

After reading this it made me think about saddle position and were my sit bones are positioned. Even though I am in a comfortable position i put the Lupina padded saddle back on and moved it 10mm forward hoping to get my arse further back to let off some pressure on the groin.
On today's ride of 1.5hrs, even though I was moving around there wasn't any pain, and only a little pressure, normally I feel pain around an hour into a ride so next week I'll up the ride to 2.5hrs and see how I fair.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

caddis

by caddis

antonioiglesius wrote:Are your sitbones supported? If not, you'll be sitting on your perineum, and the cutout won't help. If your sitbones aren't supported, either you're sitting too far in front, or your sitbones are too wide for the saddle. Or the cutout isn't wide enough.

Or saddle is too high.

KCookie

by KCookie

Went for a 2.5hr ride yesterday and i actually enjoyed the ride as there was no pain, im hoping moving the saddle forward 10mm has done the job, even though I still think certain bibshorts do contribute to the pressure in the groin area as the padding gathers.
I'll work my way through the bibshorts to eliminate the worst ones and ride even longer to see how i fare.

moonoi

by moonoi

Sorry Mr. Gib, missed your question. I suffered from chafing on the inside of my thighs and sore sit bones. It could be the version recommended to me was too wide, but I didn't want to blow another small fortune to find out, as you can't get loan saddles here.

With regards to the UCI regs, the installation instructions provided with my SQLab saddle stated to install the saddle with a 1 degree upwards angle in order to meet the rules when racing. Not sure if anything has changed in this regard.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Mr.Gib

by Mr.Gib

moonoi wrote:Sorry Mr. Gib, missed your question. I suffered from chafing on the inside of my thighs and sore sit bones. It could be the version recommended to me was too wide, but I didn't want to blow another small fortune to find out, as you can't get loan saddles here.

Yup, depending on how you are built, the SQ Lab saddles could definitely contact the inner thigh. The thing about the width though is that from what I can tell, all sizes are identical until you get toward the back of the saddle where the wider sizes are of course wider. Because of the unusual design, a user's experience will vary dramatically depending exactly where they choose to sit on the saddle and how they tilt their pelvis.

As for the sit bones, these saddles concentrate pressure on the sit bones to relieve pressure elsewhere which is why they work for some. The early versions had padding called "marathon foam" that was very hard. They no longer use that padding.
wheelsONfire wrote: When we ride disc brakes the whole deal of braking is just like a leaving a fart. It happens and then it's over. Nothing planned and nothing to get nervous for.

Squashednuts

by Squashednuts

KCookie wrote:Went for a 2.5hr ride yesterday and i actually enjoyed the ride as there was no pain, im hoping moving the saddle forward 10mm has done the job, even though I still think certain bibshorts do contribute to the pressure in the groin area as the padding gathers.
I'll work my way through the bibshorts to eliminate the worst ones and ride even longer to see how i fare.

Which bibshorts have you found most comfortable?
Has moving the saddle forward solved the problem?
Building Spec Allez

Sold
Fuji SL 5.5kg viewtopic.php?f=10&t=157704

Sold -
Izalco Max Disc 6.7kg http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum ... o+Max+disc

KCookie

by KCookie

Yes moving the saddle forward has eradicated the pain, the best bibshorts so far have been the S1. UNO 5.

silvalis

by silvalis

I've definitely noticed different bib shorts contributing to groin area pressure. The pads that are split down the middle (e-i stuff, etc) are far better for me in terms of pressure compared to the thick one-piece things that come in, eg, champ sys or redwhite thebibs.
Chasse patate

CaudaEquina

by CaudaEquina

KCookie wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:05 am
outnumbered wrote:Can you post a photo of your bike? That might show if you have some obvious setup problem.

Im hoping the solution comes sooner that later, my groin cant take much more. !!Image

Sorry for the dig up but what saddle is this ?
Looks very big, I like it

KCookie

by KCookie

CaudaEquina wrote:
KCookie wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:05 am

Sorry for the dig up but what saddle is this ?
Looks very big, I like it
Berk Lupina 132mm padded. Now on Lupina plain carbon. Actually prefer it. After a bike fit the pain has gone.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk