Suggest estates that take a bike with seats up

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderator: Moderator Team

the_marsbar

by the_marsbar

Does the guy import the cars to sell them? If he does, does he have a website? We live in Aalborg :)

I must admit I haven't really looked at SUVs at all, since generally, for the same money, you get a heavier (and slower), but not too much bigger car.

by Weenie

mattr

by mattr

:D No. He runs a family business.
So they all get company cars which are bought from Germany through the company, mostly 12-18 months old. Similar with all the commercial equipment (Combines, tractors and so on) but buys them new.
Even started importing some of the commercial stuff from eastern europe now.

You'd not want one of the third hand cars after it's been on and off the farm for 3 years.........

the_marsbar

by the_marsbar

Ah I see :)

I guess he wouldn't do that unless if it was worth it for him. Maybe I should consider more seriously importing from Germany. Thanks for the tip.

jekyll man

by jekyll man

Octavia Estate :thumbup:
Had a bog standard diesel for 12 years, now on a VRS 170bhp CR diesel. 140mph tops, and 50mpg at normal driving/cruising speeds. Not fast enough?? :noidea:

60/40 rear seat.
Bases lift and rotate forward the same, so you could keep 1 seat in use, and fold the other flat, or just tip 1 base, and place your forks over the seatback.

I'm 174cm-ish, so on approx. 54cm frames. Take just the front wheel out, and hold the bike up with the seatbelt around the saddle.
Putting bigger bikes in occasionally means rear wheel removal but theres bags of room, as its all square in the back.

Have actually managed 3 bikes inside (along with kit), and 3 adults.
Official cafe stop tester

the_marsbar

by the_marsbar

I wouldn't mind the 2.0 diesel Octavia, but unfortunately the used ones are a bit too expensive here. I guess because many people are after them.