Measuring di2 cable wiring for dura ace

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

Tricky76

by Tricky76

Hi everyone. I am about to order a shimano dura ace di2 2017 groupset from a vendor who was recommended to me from you fine folks here on ww.

Anyway I have no idea about cable lengths - and dont want to order too long or too short obviously...anywhere I can get some guidance? The website is giving me a drop down of size choices for 6 wires...the EW-SD 50 - the length choices go from 150MM up to 1400MM - and I have no idea how to choose.

the wiring is going to be on a pinarello F8 - 51.5cm. also will be utilizing the Pro VIbe Aero cockpit with the junction box in the bar end.

thank you all!!

BdaGhisallo

by BdaGhisallo

What ever you do, hedge on the longer side of what you think you'll need. A few cm of cable extra can be quite useful. A few cm too few... not so much.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

wheelbuilder

by wheelbuilder

Not looking at a tech site with exact measurements, but ballpark based on memory.........(please someone correct if wrong)

shifters to junction A...........350?
Junction A to Junction B.......950-1000
Junction B to rear derailleur.......750
Junction B to front derailleur......350 or less
Battery to Junction B..........depends on location, but 500?
Never cheer before you know who is winning

goodboyr

by goodboyr

Give yourself a bit more room on junction b to battery and junction b to fd, just in case you have internal complications around the bb.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Tricky76

by Tricky76

Thank you all for the replies...after reading more on this forum...here is an added query...what might I use the new Shimano EW-JC130 Y cabling for, if anything....I know I should truly be asking my chosen mechanic these questions...but of course, I haven't decided which of the two I am going with yet....so I don't want to start querying one guy, then have him not end up building the bike.

thanks for the ballpark measurements @wheelbuilder!!!

lovemyway

by lovemyway

There's a "SHIMANO Di2 WIRING LENGTHS" document for Specialized bikes, you might get some help from there: http://service.specialized.com/collater ... 491_R1.pdf

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com