Photos of you with cycling celebrities?

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

wheelbuilder

by wheelbuilder

Any interest? I have a few but am hesitant to put my atrocious face online. I will participate if there is interest! Could be interesting to see who has who.
Never cheer before you know who is winning

Asteroid

by Asteroid

I would enjoy seeing this type of photo, but would never think of taking one with my mug in it.
Frankly, I've never taken a selfie with my cell phone and do not understand the younger generation's fascination with it. Must be an old codger. Now get off my lawn!
Oldbie

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

goodboyr

by goodboyr

Here's one of my wife watching Lance at the 2005 TDF.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

wheelbuilder

by wheelbuilder

Man that one of a yellow jersey LA is very good. I am old too, and all of mine were taken by a third party.

wheelbuilder

by wheelbuilder

Tyler Hamilton

Tyler Farrar with a not lean me at 2015 Tour of California, Mt. Hamilton stage.

53x12

by 53x12

wheelbuilder wrote:Tyler Farrar with a not lean me at 2015 Tour of California, Mt. Hamilton stage.

Did he fall over after taking that picture with you?
"Marginal gains are the only gains when all that's left to gain is in the margins."

wheelbuilder

by wheelbuilder

53x12 wrote:
wheelbuilder wrote:Tyler Farrar with a not lean me at 2015 Tour of California, Mt. Hamilton stage.

I'm going to claim ignorance here. Is this in reference to my weight? If so, I agree 100% and deserve any and all negative comments. Something about Farrar I am clueless about? I've always liked him. Was kind of the "American hope" for a true sprinter. Has not done very well as a Cavendish lead-out man, but he is a very personable, generous guy.

wheelbuilder

by wheelbuilder

Here is another one with an interesting back story..........I built a bike for Bob Roll earlier this year that was a very peculiar. Project One Trek Domane frame that he sourced from someone he knew in the industry.......Dura Ace 10 speed BAR END shifters, Campy brake levers with 9100 Direct mount brakes. Feel was absolutely horrendous. Could not get them to feel even halfway decent for obvious reasons. Ultegra front derailleur, Dura Ace rear derailleur. A Vision Metron Aero bar and stem......(keep in mind, this is a Domane with bar end shifters). Zipp 404's with Dugast tubulars. and the final crazy puzzle piece.......Osymetric chainrings. Both inner and outer. Huge clock node/lobe that made the front derailleur almost useless. I was limited in height adjustment due to braze-on front hanger. Worked acceptably well in four or five gear combo's. When I called him about the brake levers, and brake feel, he said..........."in all seriousness with no boasting intended.....I very rarely use the brakes on my bikes."
He is not a young man anymore, but I set up his cockpit with 12.7 cm of drop. again.......12.7 cm of drop.

wheelbuilder

by wheelbuilder

and my favorite.......... while not as famous or well known as some others, Evelyn Stevens is a person that I like and admire very much. She lives near the shop, and for a while, I did all the tune work on her personal training bikes and a couple of the Boels Dolmans bikes she brought stateside with her. I have not seen her since the end of her 2016 season and retirement. Frankly, I miss talking to her. Her humility belies her stunning power on the bike. So humble. This photo was taken three or four days after she broke the hour record.

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

We need pics of the Domane.
Using Tapatalk

TonyM

by TonyM

Nefarious86 wrote:We need pics of the Domane.

+1!

glam2deaf

by glam2deaf

Yeah I really need to see this Domane.

wheelbuilder

by wheelbuilder

I wish I had some. I used to take pics of most of my builds, both bikes and wheels, but ended up with so much stuff that I stopped doing it. Looking back, I really should have for Bob's bike. It was the craziest frankenstein build I have ever done. There may be some photos of him on it in the wild but I have never searched. He keeps it at his sisters house in San Francisco. I will be sure to photograph it the next time he brings it in. Truly worth looking at.

53x12

by 53x12

wheelbuilder wrote:
53x12 wrote:

I'm going to claim ignorance here. Is this in reference to my weight? If so, I agree 100% and deserve any and all negative comments. Something about Farrar I am clueless about? I've always liked him. Was kind of the "American hope" for a true sprinter. Has not done very well as a Cavendish lead-out man, but he is a very personable, generous guy.

No, not a personal attack against you or your weight. Sorry if it came off that way. It was directed at Tyler Farrar and his ability to crash and fall down a lot. Same guy who once said, "Hopefully I can stop falling down." That was my point.
"Marginal gains are the only gains when all that's left to gain is in the margins."

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com