General Time Trial thread

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

glam2deaf

by glam2deaf

Rather than a misc gallery thread, thought someone (me) should start a general TT thread. There is a pretty large group of posters here who are really into time trials and have a ton of knowledge.

I'll kick it off with the Rule28 socks. Has anyone tried them out? Looked like adaptiveHP has been testing them out. Look like a good option. Though not sure how much of an advantage over velotoze there would be.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

MattSoutherden

by MattSoutherden

These - like the NoPinz Aerosockz - are useful if you need to ride an event that regulates overshoes and sock length.

If you are not, then shoe covers like Velotoze or Smart with TripSockz over the calf is almost certainly going to be faster.
Snacking on carrot sticks - Where did it all go so wrong?
-
Finsbury Park CC

glam2deaf

by glam2deaf

Might be an option then. I'm mostly doing UCI reg TT's, and on the track where no shoe covers are allowed. Might have to order a pair in.

Stoo

by Stoo

glam2deaf wrote:I'll kick it off with the Rule28 socks. Has anyone tried them out? Looked like adaptiveHP has been testing them out. Look like a good option. Though not sure how much of an advantage over velotoze there would be.

From what I can gather, these are pretty good, and when it comes to the UCI Amateur Worlds in August, I can't wear the SMART overshoe/Endura calf guard combo I currently wear. So I'll probably look to these or similar.

I actually know the guys that designed and market them.
'18 Giant Trinity Pro TT - DA9070 - QuarQ DZero - HED Jet 9+/JET+ Disc3
'18 Giant TCR Advanced Pro 1 - R8000 - QuarQ DZero - SLR1
'16 Genesis Equilibrium - U6800 - FSA SRM - WH6800
'13 Giant Trinity Composite - U6870 - QuarQ DZero