* FAQ    * Search    * Trending Topics
* Login   * Register
HOME Listings Blog NEW Galleries NEW FAQ Contact About Impressum
It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:31 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Which Rapha bib short ?
PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 5:53 am 

Hi,

I used so far the Assos S7 Cento and I really like them (bought some Castelli Rosso Corsa but except the design not the quality I want).

I am thinking about trying the Rapha bib shorts but they have so many models...which bib short is supposed to be "better" than the Assos S7 Cento?

Tony

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 6:48 am 

Might not get many replies on this yet as they've redone pretty much all their bibs this season. I wanted an endurance bib this summer and settled on the new Rapha Brevet Bib Shorts II because they've started doing pad thicknesses by size. I went for the large instead of medium to get the thicker pad (could have been either really, but especially glad I went large as the straps aren't that long).

The pad really is thick and the cut and material Rapha are using this season are definitely a big step up for them. I'm also an Assos bibs fan, I use their bibs daily, but Rapha's catching up and better priced. I won't rave about the bibs yet, they haven't done serious kms (less than 500 at the moment), but they are super comfy and the pad is the thickest and comfiest I've had. Look class too. I got the plain black and grey ones. Rapha's styling is definitely on point.

Had some older version Pro Team Bib shorts. Didn't really like them that much to be honest. Sold them after a few rides. The new ones look much better done, and if the material is the same as the new Brevets, which I think it will be, then they'll look and feel much better too. Pad will be thinner though.

Posted: Sun May 21, 2017 6:48 am 

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 7:18 am 

Today is the deadline for their annual survey discount code 25%, if you don't have one I can share my code, not jumping on shopping vagon this time ;)
I went opposite direction, using Pro Team for few seazons (very happy) recently got myself S7 T.cento...
There is only one Castelli model I would dare to compare to mentioned above, Mondiale, great concept, wonderfully executed.

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 8:25 am 

IMO (and spent the most time in proteam, then equipe, then classic 1, brevet, classic 2)
Classic II - stretchier material, much better leg grippers than previous. Pad feels a bit thicker than before.
Pro Team - previous version. Leg grippers look minimal but seem to work. More compressive fabric than the classic
Brevet I - previous version. Thicker pad and more comfy than the two above. It's like a long distance version of the classic 2. Leg grippers not quite a nice.
(Assos Equipe here) - I really like the cut and the pad, but sometimes, esp after a bit off the bike or a nature stop the pad moves and... pinches.
Classic I - stretchy material like the II, but the leg grippers are, well, crap.

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 10:17 am 

I got a 25% off code too if anyone needs one, shoot me a pm

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 12:15 pm 

Code might even work after the deadline. Rapha are pretty loose with that sort of thing.

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 7:10 am 

So I bought a Rapha Pro Team Bibshort II.

(@nickcube: thanks again for the coupon!)

I rode 6.5 hours today with it. The Rapha is definitely a good quality bib short!! MUCH better than all my Castelli Rosso Corsa bibs! The pad however is quite thin compared to the Assos Cento S7. So I will use the Rapha Pro Team II for the short rides and the Assos Cento S7 for the long rides

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 7:50 am 

It's sad for me to say this but rapha is the most uncomfortable bibs I have . I have the pro lightweight version . I am a size s and fit slim no tummy shape but not fit at all just look fit. As for the bibs disappointing from the start . The pad bunched up in the front and the straps have no give. Us I use the xs it's too small and I can't stand straight. The leg length is short. They say there is 2 sizes of leg but could not see the choice . Also the thread on the pads came off after 10 rides so sent them back , and got a replacement which took a very long time. Till today it's been a year and they still have not returned me a new pair of sky gloves which got torn even after many emails. Oh I have assos before rapha too fit so much better. If you are fit shape look at bhodi bibs they are so far the best I have used and not as expensive. Just my humble opinion and 2 cents worth. Cheers

Sent from my 2014817 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 10:08 am 

@TonyM

Nice, gz!

Did you get the regular or short ones? My Assos Neo Pros are dying.. thinking about the Pro Team II's myself now, but want something about as long as the Assos.. Think even the regular Pro Teams might still be quite short? If you have the regulars can do you do me a massive favour some day and measure the leg length please :D Sorry!

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 4:47 pm 

Shrike wrote:
@TonyM

Nice, gz!

Did you get the regular or short ones? My Assos Neo Pros are dying.. thinking about the Pro Team II's myself now, but want something about as long as the Assos.. Think even the regular Pro Teams might still be quite short? If you have the regulars can do you do me a massive favour some day and measure the leg length please :D Sorry!

I took the Rapha regular, not the ling version (size M). Compared to size M of the Assos Cento S7 the Rapha is maybe 1cm shorter.

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 5:03 pm 

Saw fey guys wearing Pro Team II (black) in my cc and probably plenty others met on the roads today, the bibs look really good.

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 7:09 pm 

Ah perfect thanks Tony, the Cento's are pretty long so that works! Shame they don't do a Pro team bundle... bundles + codes = :D

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 7:27 pm 

^ they did. the bundles that are available come and go ....

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 8:38 pm 

Oh really? They had the Pro Team II bibs in a bundle?

Goddamn... :x

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:15 pm 

Rapha Pro Team II Bib shorts, purchased 16 aug 2016. Washing in Perwol Sport, 30* bla bla..never again. Stitches also done in some areas..

Posted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:15 pm