Which Rapha bib short ?

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

I've heard a number of v2 from Rapha doing that. Lucky my RCC version seems to be holding up.. probably washed 20x by now

You should return them
2024 BMC TeamMachine R Building
2018 BMC TImeMachine Road
2002 Moots Compact-SL- getting aero look makeover
2019 Parlee Z0XD - "classified"
2023 Pivot E-Vault - completed project, full Xplr package

lisu

by lisu

spdntrxi wrote:You should return them

Tried. They respond like "we are ssooo sorry but cry us a river" :evil: :lol:

I compared some of their products I bought in the past, such as Merino long sleeve jerseys, t-shirts, socks etc. I realized that almost every product is worse that the previous version..

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

well it's been a year+ for yours . Some of my older gear look similar with the cracking. Only the lightweight bibs falls apart for me, so I don't buy those anymore. My v2 bib are 4 months old and no cracking.
2024 BMC TeamMachine R Building
2018 BMC TImeMachine Road
2002 Moots Compact-SL- getting aero look makeover
2019 Parlee Z0XD - "classified"
2023 Pivot E-Vault - completed project, full Xplr package

TonyM

by TonyM

I would have assumed that the warranty would apply here :roll:
(I also purchased the same bib a few months ago)

Good to know for the future that they don't take back such items :?
Will stick with Assos; the quality is much better IMHO.

robertbb

by robertbb

lisu wrote:
spdntrxi wrote:You should return them

Tried. They respond like "we are ssooo sorry but cry us a river" :evil: :lol:

I compared some of their products I bought in the past, such as Merino long sleeve jerseys, t-shirts, socks etc. I realized that almost every product is worse that the previous version..

Correct.

lisu

by lisu

Guys, just to be clear. I have few other rapha products for more than 3 yrs and quality is way better. Just bear it in your mind :) Even stupid t-shirts with rapha logo.

Someones mentioned Assos - aggree, best bib shorts so far. I would like to try exteondo and gobik in the future.

bilwit

by bilwit

lisu wrote:Rapha Pro Team II Bib shorts, purchased 16 aug 2016. Washing in Perwol Sport, 30* bla bla..never again. Stitches also done in some areas..

I have a Pro Team (original) from 2015. Logo cracks much, much worse than that and also major discolouring (black washing out to be brown). Only ever hand washed+hang dried them too. I'd say it started being noticeable after the first year. Bad product for the cost imo.

IchDien

by IchDien

If you looking for quality / price ratio Rapha isn't really it. I own lots of Rapha too but I never pay full price.

beatle

by beatle

What are some brands that have a similar style and price point but better durability?

grover

by grover

Another voice to say just buy Assos bibknicks. More comfortable and longer wearing. I ride five days a week so I bought five pairs of the s5 bibs, that was nine years ago! I just throw them in the washing machine on a cold wash. No special care. The chamois' are still fine, the lycra has started to go see through so I've just replaced them with the s7 neopro, I found them for ~160 AUD a pair. Way cheaper than Rapha.

I love my Rapha jerseys, merino undershirts, jackets, gillets. Comfortable, stylish and last well. Assos jerseys - puke - so ugly!

flying

by flying

lisu wrote:Rapha Pro Team II Bib shorts, purchased 16 aug 2016. Washing in Perwol Sport, 30* bla bla..never again. Stitches also done in some areas..

Rapha is the greatest marketing shill since toxic derivatives
But those that want to be "in the club" have to pay the entry :twisted:

bilwit

by bilwit

grover wrote:Another voice to say just buy Assos bibknicks. More comfortable and longer wearing. I ride five days a week so I bought five pairs of the s5 bibs, that was nine years ago! I just throw them in the washing machine on a cold wash. No special care. The chamois' are still fine, the lycra has started to go see through so I've just replaced them with the s7 neopro, I found them for ~160 AUD a pair. Way cheaper than Rapha.

I love my Rapha jerseys, merino undershirts, jackets, gillets. Comfortable, stylish and last well. Assos jerseys - puke - so ugly!

Yeah Assos jersey design is horrible. The only thing I really like about Rapha is their "aero" jersey--don't care about whatever pseudo performance benefit they claim but the fit, cut, and material (for this year) is just about perfect for me. Wearing anything else feels like I'm wearing a tent.