Radios for ultra race

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

jever98

by jever98

Hi folks,

doing the Tortour this year (1000km race in Switzerland), 2-up, car supported. Thinking of buying race radios to help with navigation, motivation, etc.

I'm currently looking at Motorola radios, splashproof, with headset connectors (e.g., the T80).

Would anybody have experience or recommendations? I am particularly wondering how well the mics work and how the earpieces work if you are riding a bit quicker.

Thanks
----
No longer in the industry

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

J.v.S.

by J.v.S.

You could also check out Christoph Strasser's webshop. He seems to be using/ selling a system that might be interesting.

http://www.ultracyclingshop.com/zubehor ... unksysteme

jever98

by jever98

Thanks for the suggestion! The system looks nice, unfortunately it's pretty expensive for 2 riders + follow cars, especially if we only use it once. It would be great to rent this kind of stuff :).
----
No longer in the industry

benzebub

by benzebub

Have a look at local pro audio vendors or rental places.. most audio live events these days use in-ears and radio transmitters, you should be able to rent something for a relative small fee and they can provide you with support and advice
But I could be wrong