Can someone weigh Rapha's Lightweight Essential's case for me please

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

Shrike

by Shrike

The leather one weighs 60g. Just in case anyone stumbles across this in future and is wondering.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Shrike

by Shrike

RCC member told me the lightweight RCC version is 49g. So guessing the regular lightweight one is the same give or take a gram or two.

Not so lightweight :x

4151zero

by 4151zero

I'm using the cellophane bag that my leather and light weight cases shipped inside of

My wife uses a pink one for a wallet, and my RCC cloth one is too pretty to use.

kode54

by kode54

i didn't like the zippers on the Rapha essential cases...so i ended up with a Belroy Elements phone case. 65 grams with a sealed weatherproof zipper.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

Shrike

by Shrike

65g.. :shock:

Looking for something around the 20g mark!

Ulver

by Ulver

Just use a resealable plastic sandwich bag. Cost virtually nothing, weigh virtually nothing, waterproof and add no bulk.

kode54

by kode54

Shrike wrote:65g.. :shock:

haha. i know. but i've ridden with the Rapha leather essentials...and the zipper really sucks. i used dry lube to get it to slide better, but there was leaking from a downpour once.
after going to the Belroy, despite the weight...i've had no issues with closure or leakage. as much as the weight goes...i used to use a ziplock bag. lightest option.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

micky

by micky

Shrike wrote:65g.. :shock:

As said above, if you're looking for something very light just go for a plastic bag.
I've done it plenty of times and it was alright until I wanted to use something different (always felt a bit on the cheap side for taking off a platic bag for example at bar for pay an espresso) and tried a Bellroy too.
Yes the weight is same, around 65 gramms but after 1 year and a half it still looks like new.
I even use it as a daily wallet.

kode54

by kode54

i think the best parts about the Belroy is the rain resistant zipper and the compartments. i especially like the single key slot...this way, i don't have to carry my entire house with me. that shed about 110grams. and you're right, after about 2 seasons, it still looks great.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com