Has anyone bought the Shimano S-Phyre RC9?

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

Squashednuts

by Squashednuts

53x12 wrote:I have been contemplating replacing my Giro Empire shoes with the RC9 but there is no stock locally for me to see and try on in person. Will probably just order another set of Empores and hope Shimano gets more RC9s out there and maybe next year.

I moved from a set of Giro Empires. I was unable to ride comfortably with the Giros, they're just too narrow for me. Had 45 Giros and was in 44 in the RC-9's. The RC 9's are a better fit for me, they're surprisingly warm in winter & cool enough on hotter days. The RC-9's dry a lot quicker than the empires.

My only real complaints are the price and that the BOAs can loosen slightly on a cycle.

norcimmus wrote:Anyone with experience on these yet? The S-Works 6 in wide version is still not wide enough so I'm looking into getting the RC-9's in wide with the next half size up.

I've got fairly wide feet and findthe RC-9s are the best fitting cycle shoes, in terms of width, that I've owned. I have no experience with the S-Works
Building Spec Allez

Sold
Fuji SL 5.5kg viewtopic.php?f=10&t=157704

Sold -
Izalco Max Disc 6.7kg http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum ... o+Max+disc

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com