Help with STRAVA. !!

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

KCookie

by KCookie

Hi guys.
Im subscribed to Strava premium and when i come back from a ride sometimes it downloads twice, dont know why, both are slightly different. One has a longer distance, higher elevation and shows the heart rate analysis.
Now the last month its only been downloading the one ride which is good but not with the heart rate analysis.
I changed the battery in the HRM which hasn't helped. Can any come up with any explanations please. Its driving me mad.
Cheers

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

mpulsiv

by mpulsiv

Download twice where? Did you mean to say that your Garmin upload the rides as a duplicate? Provide exact steps as what you are trying to do.
Racing is a three-dimensional high-speed chess game, involving hundreds of pieces on the board.

:arrow: CBA = Chronic Bike Addiction
:arrow: OCD = Obsessive Cycling Disorder

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

KCookie

by KCookie

When i finish a ride, i press stop then save activity. It then saves the ride, sometimes twice.
If it saves as it should just the ride you've just completed the heart rate analysis wont show.
When im riding the HR shows on the screen of my 520 and downloads to the Garmin Connect app on my mobile, so i just cant work out why its not downloading to Strava.

mpulsiv

by mpulsiv

If your ride saves twice, you may have setup automatic sync before from Strava -> Garmin or the other way around. I assume Garmin Connect show all metrics, including heart rate.
I suggest you remove existing Bluetooth profile from your phone and setup again as new device.
Racing is a three-dimensional high-speed chess game, involving hundreds of pieces on the board.

:arrow: CBA = Chronic Bike Addiction
:arrow: OCD = Obsessive Cycling Disorder

mattr

by mattr

Yeah. I had exactly the same issue.
The garmin sent data to connect via my phone, the phone also sent the data to strava. Then connect and strava are linked, so i get a second version appearing after a couple of minutes. Also a similar issue when i started using zwift.

Have "fixed" both issues by not linking everything everywhere........

KCookie

by KCookie

Ok cheers for the info. So i wont link the Garmin to the mobile via Bluetooth, as i dont usually ever go in to the app, but will that help the issue of the HR analysis not downloading to Strava.

mattr

by mattr

No, not had the HR issue, except when downloading the wrong type of file, it's a couple of years since i had the issue and it's long since fixed....... so can't tell you more than that!!

mvnsnd

by mvnsnd

Are you using the Strava phone app to also record the ride along with the Garmin? You only need one source to upload to Strava. I would keep it to the Garmin unit as it should connect to all your sensors.

KCookie

by KCookie

mvnsnd wrote:Are you using the Strava phone app to also record the ride along with the Garmin? You only need one source to upload to Strava. I would keep it to the Garmin unit as it should connect to all your sensors.

Yes I have been, I'll only connect to Strava on Thursdays ride and see. Hopefully the HR will work. Seems silly paying for Premium and not getting all the benefits.

AJS914

by AJS914

Where is your heart rate connected? To the Garmin or the phone? The best way is to record with the Garmin, upload to Garmin Connect. If the Garmin-Strava accounts are linked, the ride will show up in Strava a few seconds later.

jrobart

by jrobart

Anyone have issues with the feed only showing your activities even though you've selected "following?" Everyone I follow is there if I log on to Strava via the web, but if I go through the app its just me. I've deleted and reinstalled the app, but still no luck. Any suggestions?
Current: Seven 622 SLX | Seven OVRLND XX | Fondriest Carbon Magister | Yeti SB100 |
Retired: Litespeed T5G | Seven Axiom SL| Seven Mudhoney SL|S Works Crux |Fat CAAD 1 |

KCookie

by KCookie

AJS914 wrote:Where is your heart rate connected? To the Garmin or the phone? The best way is to record with the Garmin, upload to Garmin Connect. If the Garmin-Strava accounts are linked, the ride will show up in Strava a few seconds later.

The ride does show, its the HR analysis that doesn't always show.
With regards to the HR strap, i put it on, connect my phone to the Garmin 520 via Bluetooth, turn on Strava press record activity and start ridding. My HR shows on the 520 while im riding and downloads to the Garmin Connect app on my phone but not on Strava. It last worked in January, then just stopped recording, can't figure out what im doing wrong, if anything at all.

AJS914

by AJS914

You should not be using the Strava app simultaneously with the 520.

If heart rate it showing on the Garmin then let's presume that it's a Garmin Ant+ strap. You are "losing" the heart rate data because only your Garmin is recording it.

Like I said, record the ride with the Garmin. Upon save, it should sync with the Garmin app on your phone and then upload to Garmin's site. The ride should sync from the Garmin cloud to your Strava account if linked.

https://support.strava.com/hc/en-us/art ... in-device-

KCookie

by KCookie

Yes its a Garmin Ant strap that came with the 520. Ok ill ride without the strava app on and see how i go. Now I know why sometimes it downloaded twice, as it was also syncing the the Garmin app.
I do like to have strava on though for the stared segments as it tells me how im going. Good for PBs.
Really appreciate your advice.
Cheers :D

Last edited by KCookie on Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

AJS914

by AJS914

You could have Strava running during the ride but then don't save it at the end.

If you pay for Strava premium, you can have starred segments display on your garmin.