Wahoo Element Bolt

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

kgibbo1868

by kgibbo1868

yinya wrote:Would you mind posting a picture of the silicone fill you did?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not the prettiest but it works pretty good so far. I have my doubts as to how long it will last though.

2019 Baum Ristretto
Pain is my friend!

yinya

by yinya

Thanks!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

misterq

by misterq

anyone know when they or if they will fix TSS and FTP issues?

Not matter what I have my FTP set it defaults to 200, I know since my NP was 200 yesterday and my IF was 1.0

dlcrep

by dlcrep

I would try teflon tape before using silicone

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

misterq wrote:anyone know when they or if they will fix TSS and FTP issues?

Not matter what I have my FTP set it defaults to 200, I know since my NP was 200 yesterday and my IF was 1.0

Not trying to trivialise a problem that should be solved. But. You know your FTP so why is it you ride to an IF? Just use the power metrics.

MichaelB

by MichaelB

For those that have swapped from Garmin to Elemnt Bolt - did you (and if you di, how) transfer your prior ride history from garmin to the Wahoo CA ?

One thing I do miss from the Connect app, is the ability to summarise ride history by the week, month (4 weeks anyway) and year (which shows the calendar month totals). Strava only shows the week and YTD (year to date) which is OK (not a premium user), so this is one feature I'm missing.

Life wont end without it, but it'd be nice if I could do it.

Ride with GPS sorta does it, but the week starts on a Sunday (???) and cannot be changed.

Ta

Michael

csteenbe

by csteenbe

misterq wrote:anyone know when they or if they will fix TSS and FTP issues?

Is there any development at all..... ?

kulivontot

by kulivontot

Not sure i understand what the issues are. In general I kind of expect mismatch between between my head unit, strava, golden cheetah and wko when it comes to tss /ftp and only use one as a reference for training purposes (golden cheetah) since everybody seems to have a slightly different calculation. Even if they did match up, i think it'd be too cumbersome to match up changes in ftp at exactly the same time on all my devices / services.

glepore

by glepore

They haven’t fixed it yet. They know its an issue. No big deal as gc is free and fixes problem plus gives you real pmc metrics

Cysco Ti custom Campy SR mechanical (6.9);Berk custom (5.6); Serotta Ottrott(6.8) ; Anvil Custom steel Etap;1996 Colnago Technos Record

misterq

by misterq

kulivontot wrote:Not sure i understand what the issues are. In general I kind of expect mismatch between between my head unit, strava, golden cheetah and wko when it comes to tss /ftp and only use one as a reference for training purposes (golden cheetah) since everybody seems to have a slightly different calculation. Even if they did match up, i think it'd be too cumbersome to match up changes in ftp at exactly the same time on all my devices / services.

There is only one method for TSS, sure some software has different but thats not TSS. TSS is training peaks and thats one equation. But it should be easy fix... oddly even though my FTP is set its defaulted to 200.. Other thing that is usually quite off is KJ which is very odd too since is also one simple equation and something I do use at certain times of the year to check fatigue rate after accumulating x amount of kj. Guessing this got back shelved with all the issues the new iOS has introduced.

MichaelB

by MichaelB

OK, have an issue with my Bolt and wondering how to get around it.

With my Garmin 520, when I did a 'split' ride (ride to work in the morning and ride home at end of day), I could stop the ride at work, power down the unit, restart at home time and restart the ride and at the end, it's all saved as one ride. :D

With the Bolt though, if I try the same process, it seems to 'forget' that I have either a paused ride or unsaved ride, and doesn't give me an option to continue it ?

Is this just a quirk of Wahoo and something Garmin did right or ....

Am I doing it wrong ?

PS - I tried the stop a ride, turn off the unit and then restarted it 30 sec later, and it allowed me to continue the same ride, but it doesn't seem to after a longer (6+ hr) pause ?

Thanks

Michael

kurisu

by kurisu

MichaelB wrote:PS - I tried the stop a ride, turn off the unit and then restarted it 30 sec later, and it allowed me to continue the same ride, but it doesn't seem to after a longer (6+ hr) pause ?

Thanks

Michael

Are you restarting the ride from the same place at which you stopped it? If not, then I believe Wahoo's logic is that this should be considered a different ride, hence your inability to "unpause".
Can I assume that your "part 1" ride is saved and that you do not lose that data?
Litespeed T5 | No. 22 Great Divide | Ridley Helium SL | No. 22 Reactor

MichaelB

by MichaelB

Yep, same spot (give or take 50m).

I've tried stopping it and also pausing it.

When I just paused it, it had troubling uploading to Strava (but did RWGPS fine). When it was stopped, all good with upload.

kurisu

by kurisu

Uhm, okay then I've never encountered this bug.
I've paused rides and turned off my ELEMNT during rides for lunch or similar, and could resume an hour of two later. Granted I haven't ridden long distances recently but I'll try this week-end for sure...

Maybe stupid question, but when you pause it, can you see the ridden data as "ride in progress" in the iOS or Android application?
Litespeed T5 | No. 22 Great Divide | Ridley Helium SL | No. 22 Reactor

MichaelB

by MichaelB

kurisu wrote: Maybe stupid question, but when you pause it, can you see the ridden data as "ride in progress" in the iOS or Android application?

One the one that was paused, once uploaded, it showed as paused (I thought that might be the upload issue).

I'll try again this weekend and see what happens. I think maybe there is a timeout period where it assumes that the ride has stopped.

Thought I'd ask here before putting on the Support board

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com