Wahoo Element Bolt

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

csteenbe

by csteenbe

DuncanS wrote:I've struggled with the GC dropbox sync too. I think it works but it's just a painfully slow sync process. But this pathway to get data from Elemnt into GC isn't dependent on the GC sync. Just use the (manual) GC Import from File function and point it to the files that the Elemnt has dropped in the folder it creates on Dropbox.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

I am also doing it that way but when imported success full and want to see the details in GarminConnect I get a error, saying "there is a problem with this page :-(".

Do others have the same experience ?

DuncanS

by DuncanS

csteenbe wrote:
DuncanS wrote:I've struggled with the GC dropbox sync too. I think it works but it's just a painfully slow sync process. But this pathway to get data from Elemnt into GC isn't dependent on the GC sync. Just use the (manual) GC Import from File function and point it to the files that the Elemnt has dropped in the folder it creates on Dropbox.

I am also doing it that way but when imported success full and want to see the details in GarminConnect I get a error, saying "there is a problem with this page :-(".

Garmin Connect? Ah, I was talking about Golden Cheetah. The only thing I use Garmin Connect for now is to export club ride routes.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

csteenbe wrote:

Discussed in previous pages. This is because Garmin are not supporting Wahoo file formats any more. Nothing to do with the export process.

jfranci3

by jfranci3

Indoor trainer issue.
Just bought a Elite Qubo Digital Smart + yada yada yada.
1) Speed value coming out of trainer like 100x too high.
2) Elemnt bolt sees trainer as KICKR (wahoo model). Not sure if this is just a naming thing or an actual issue.
3) FEC resistance works, but it won't see P2M power meter in this mode.

Any thoughts on 2-3?

MichaelB

by MichaelB

Have an issue with my Garmin 520 and seeing all the positive reports here, seriously considering a Bolt. (Micro USB port requires pressure applied to charge meaning there is a dodgy connection)

Trouble is the refurb 520 is A$141.96, but a new Bolt is A$399.

Anyone know of a good spot to buy a Bolt at a better price ?

jfranci3

by jfranci3

They are equivalents. It won't radically change your experience. For $250, get the 520.

bilwit

by bilwit

MichaelB wrote:Have an issue with my Garmin 520 and seeing all the positive reports here, seriously considering a Bolt. (Micro USB port requires pressure applied to charge meaning there is a dodgy connection)

Trouble is the refurb 520 is A$141.96, but a new Bolt is A$399.

Anyone know of a good spot to buy a Bolt at a better price ?

if you have Strava Premium, you can get $20 off on Competitive Cyclist

MichaelB

by MichaelB

Thanks bilwit,but don't do Strava Prem. Also, US based suppliers have huge shipping fees, and many of the Europe based ones won't ship to Aus.

As jfranci3 suggests, may be better sticking with the refurb 520 for now. It works well enough for what I need it to do.

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

Good store in Oz should be able to do you one for a little less than $399.

I came from a 520 to a Bolt, no regrets. Sell the 520 and use that to offset the Wahoo price (someone will buy it and refurb it).

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

Twice now in a week my Bolt has not 'kept up' when descending at speed and not matching to Strava segments. Anyone else have this issue?

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

Tinea Pedis wrote:Twice now in a week my Bolt has not 'kept up' when descending at speed and not matching to Strava segments. Anyone else have this issue?
Warp speed

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
Using Tapatalk

MichaelB

by MichaelB

well, the usb port finally died last night. Had a bit of a go at seeing if I could get the case off and solder the port back up myself, but quickly gave up.

Managed to get a Bolt locally for $50 off retail at A$349 (about USD $268), so that's OK. Picking it up in a day or two and will give it a run on the weekend.

beanbiken

by beanbiken

MichaelB wrote:Managed to get a Bolt locally for $50 off retail at A$349 (about USD $268), so that's OK. Picking it up in a day or two and will give it a run on the weekend.

Same deal as I got. My edge 820 is being replaced by Garmin so I brought a Bolt to try it out with the idea that I will either have a brand new 820 to sell or a slightly used Bolt. Rode with the Bolt for a couple of hours today and well I actually prefer the 820. I’ll persevere with the Bolt for awhile to see if it “grows on me” nothing wrong with it, l think it is just that I am unfamiliar with it.

BB
BB

Coffee & carbon

kgibbo1868

by kgibbo1868

Anyone have issues with their bolt rattling while riding? If I put my finger on it with very light pressure the rattle goes away..... :-(
2019 Baum Ristretto
Pain is my friend!

dlcrep

by dlcrep

Nothing noticeable during rides but I noticed there's play if you wiggle the top and bottom part of the unit. I wish the quarter turn was as solid as Garmin.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com