Wahoo Element Bolt

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

kytyree

by kytyree

No trouble syncing on mine.

I did have some strange glitch the other day though. I turned it on and the ride timer was running as if it'd been left on, for quite some time. I stopped it and started over, went for a ride where things were very normal. Finished and saved that ride but the file had it listed and lasting negative 160 some hours after it had synced with the app. The 1.5 hour ride I had actually done, and seen on the computer was gone. I deleted that and haven't had any issues since but I am not sure what happened there.

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

Mine auto-syned out of the blue last week for a few rides. Then stopped. Then yesterday only synced the ride up the point I had stopped for a bit (and turned the unit off).

That said, I was introduced to the 'delete and re-sync' feature which worked a treat and upload the ride in full. Sure it was not automatic, but I was impressed with the feature all the same.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Ghost234

by Ghost234

nvm got it to work somehow.

tomee

by tomee

i have trouble sometime with it not auto syncing as well.

Ghost234

by Ghost234

Does anyone know how to get the actual ride files from the unit (preferably in .fit format)? I like to keep a personal back up for viewing in WKO4 and the unit is not showing up as a drive when I plug it into my computer.

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

Ghost234 wrote:Does anyone know how to get the actual ride files from the unit (preferably in .fit format)? I like to keep a personal back up for viewing in WKO4 and the unit is not showing up as a drive when I plug it into my computer.

If you log into the app, you can select the ride in your "results" tap and email the .fit file to yourself.

JackRussellRacing

by JackRussellRacing

Ghost234 wrote:...and the unit is not showing up as a drive when I plug it into my computer.

Guessing you use a Mac ? If you're using a Mac with the Bolt, the trick is this Android file transfer app: https://www.android.com/filetransfer/

glepore

by glepore

I just have mine sync to my free dropbox account, and they are there, or if you want can be downloaded from there. Its how I import in Golden Cheetah.
Cysco Ti custom Campy SR mechanical (6.9);Berk custom (5.6); Serotta Ottrott(6.8) ; Anvil Custom steel Etap;1996 Colnago Technos Record

Ghost234

by Ghost234

Does anyone know how to get .fit files off the Elemnt Bolt? I like reviewing my rides in Wko3 and would like to have copies of my ride files.

boysa

by boysa

@glepore... You have them imported directly to your GC activities folder, or into another folder first?
"Deserve's got nothing to do with it." William Munny

kulivontot

by kulivontot

You have to power on the device before plugging it into your computer to get it to show up as a usb drive

glepore

by glepore

boysa wrote:@glepore... You have them imported directly to your GC activities folder, or into another folder first?

I probably could do that, but the app creates a "wahoo fitness" folder in dropbox when you set up dropbox sharing with the app, so I then do the import to GC from there. The downside is if you "sync Dropbox" from GC it only sync's the GC folder, so you have to have pulled the wahoo folder down first at least once, then sync, and that moves them to activities.
Cysco Ti custom Campy SR mechanical (6.9);Berk custom (5.6); Serotta Ottrott(6.8) ; Anvil Custom steel Etap;1996 Colnago Technos Record

boysa

by boysa

Thanks. I have all my GC folders stored on Dropbox already, so I wonder if you couldn't simply point the Wahoo to the correct location in the GC file structure. I actually moved everything there quite some time ago. I lost a lot of training data years back when I had a laptop stolen. Not going that route again!
"Deserve's got nothing to do with it." William Munny

1415chris

by 1415chris

Workouts and FE-C with the next upgrade (today?)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

1415chris wrote:Workouts and FE-C with the next upgrade (today?)

where's this info coming from?