Wahoo Element Bolt

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

chunky666

by chunky666

Delorre wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:35 pm
Hi there, I've received my Bolt today. Everything seems fine, the setup of screens and bike + hr sensors went well. I have already 3 questions for you:

*do you charge you via pc usb ports and if so, do you turn off the Bolt or not while charging? I ask , because 1), it seems to take ages to charge via the pc, and 2) if charge with the Bolt turned off, I get a 'connect' beep from the pc every few secounds, the screen of the bolt light's up and than turns off. This goes on and on. When turned on, charging is 'normal' without any sounds from the pc.
Dont need to use a PC to charge it unless the PC is your only source of USB plugs in the house? Any generic Micro USB charger will work fine

MichaelB

by MichaelB

Petterii wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:40 am
^Yes it did for me at least.. But i did FTP test yesterday and same problem. New FTP didn´t update to unit. So again full factory reset and starting from scratch.
I use Training peaks to look at the data, so given that it doesn't permanently fix the problem, won't bother at the moment. Thanks

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

misterq

by misterq

anyone have issues with messages from phone? I often dont get any of my messages showing up on Bolt. Its shows the connection to phone but 75% of time it doesnt work..

Also any way to get notifications when battery of devices is low? I know how to check if go into it but at times we forget haha more like a lazy notification

kgibbo1868

by kgibbo1868

misterq wrote:
Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:13 pm
anyone have issues with messages from phone? I often dont get any of my messages showing up on Bolt. Its shows the connection to phone but 75% of time it doesnt work..

Also any way to get notifications when battery of devices is low? I know how to check if go into it but at times we forget haha more like a lazy notification
I have the same issue with not getting notifications either.... :-(
2019 Baum Ristretto
Pain is my friend!

dolophonic

by dolophonic

The side buttons plastic covers are coming off ... not good

iamalex

by iamalex

If I set the LEDs to show power zones am I correct in thinking that one of the power data fields should invert it’s colour to display as white on black?

Ideally I’d like my 3s AVG Power to display like this. On a side note, of all the power data fields is this the closest to current power output? Soooo many options.

Delorre

by Delorre

iamalex wrote:
Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:36 pm
If I set the LEDs to show power zones am I correct in thinking that one of the power data fields should invert it’s colour to display as white on black?

Ideally I’d like my 3s AVG Power to display like this. On a side note, of all the power data fields is this the closest to current power output? Soooo many options.
My leds are set to 'power', but the 3s power data field is the same as all the others, no white on black...I don't care, but do wonder if there is a extra setting for that.

1415chris

by 1415chris

I don't use this option, but by curiosity I have checked it out.
When you choose speed or HR, the fields, on the unit become highlighted. For some reasons it doesn't happen when you choose power... ?

iamalex

by iamalex

Thanks for checking, glad it’s not just me. I’ll fire Wahoo an email and see where that gets me

Delorre

by Delorre

Has there been a recent change in the sync of routes between the wahoo app and the Bolt? A few weeks ago, I remember I had to select a route in the app to send it to the Wahoo. That was great, I send a few favorite routes, all th others ( around 135) were on the app and ready to be send if needed. To my surprise, this morning, I had all the 135 routes on the Bolt. Did I do something wrong? What's the need for the 'select route' button in the app, if all the routes are sync'ed anyway? More important, how can I get rid of (most off) all those routes in my Bolt without deleting them one by one at the source and loosong them forever. I read something about swiping left in the app, but I get an error saying I cannot delete an external route...

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

iamalex wrote:
Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:36 pm

I've had this issue ever since the Bolt came out... If you scroll back far enough in the thread, you'll find it. Long story, short... the display only inverts like if you display current power.... the avg. power settings won't invert if you have power selected for the LED's. I wish they'd fix this, but its not a deal breaker for me by any stretch.

iamalex

by iamalex

I’m not sure I can get it to invert for any power data fields. Specifically what was the power data field you used in the example you linked back to? ‘Power (vs workout avg)’?

Can’t see anything that’s obviously current power.

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

iamalex wrote:
Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:32 am
I’m not sure I can get it to invert for any power data fields. Specifically what was the power data field you used in the example you linked back to? ‘Power (vs workout avg)’?

Can’t see anything that’s obviously current power.
I had the same issue. I could not find a field that allowed power to invert. I actually didn't beleive him at first which is why I asked him to post pics... but clearly that guy did. I'm wondering if field titles changed slightly in one of the updates and that's where it slipped away.

hmai18

by hmai18

Have had mine for a few months now. Weather is getting nicer now and I'd like to be able to do planned workouts outdoors, but just discovered that you need either a premium TrainingPeaks or Today's Plan account to sync workouts. Really wish there was a way to import/sync .fit files.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com