Wahoo Element Bolt

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

jever98

by jever98

My unit seems to do it fine. Training peaks will calculate tss based on the raw wattage data anyhow
----
No longer in the industry

glepore

by glepore

Yeah, I was going to suggest that if you're relying solely on your headunit for training metrics you need some sort of software to do it-Golden Cheetah is free. I agree the tss should work, but its hardly a dealbreaker.
Cysco Ti custom Campy SR mechanical (6.9);Berk custom (5.6); Serotta Ottrott(6.8) ; Anvil Custom steel Etap;1996 Colnago Technos Record

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Petterii

by Petterii

It´s problem if you want to do TSS based training. Like endurnace ride with 200 TSS.

But after i did whole resetting procedure my Bolt has been problem free. Much better than any garmin that i have owned ever.

jever98

by jever98

I have had an odd behaviour on my Elemnt: after hitting lap for the first time, the lap time would first start counting up (normal behaviour) and then count back down to zero - very odd. I only saw it twice, haven't had a chance to film it or document it in another way.

Anybody else had that?
----
No longer in the industry

kauphy

by kauphy

Haven't gone through the complete thread - so don't know if this has already been covered...I have a powertap hub and also use a cadence/speed sensor. The Wahoo Elemnt bolt picks up power+cadence+speed from the powertap hub even when the speed/cadence data is available from the speed/cadence sensor. Is there a way to configure the Elemnt bolt such that it picks power data from the powertap but the speed/cadence data from the speed/cadence sensor?

Thanks in advance!

Tenlegs

by Tenlegs

Powertap hubs will only use it's own speed sensor regardless of what else you try and pair, but if you have a separate cadence sensor paired that will take priority.

Ghost234

by Ghost234

I finished a ride today and my cell phone was out of range of my bolt. The ride was never automatically uploaded to Strava/TrainingPeaks.

How do I get it to upload?

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

Ghost234 wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:22 pm
I finished a ride today and my cell phone was out of range of my bolt. The ride was never automatically uploaded to Strava/TrainingPeaks.

Open up the Elemnt App... there's a tab on the bottom titled "results". These are your rides. You can open up said ride and force it to send to Strava again.

bilwit

by bilwit

CrankAddictsRich wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:24 am
Ghost234 wrote:

Open up the Elemnt App... there's a tab on the bottom titled "results". These are your rides. You can open up said ride and force it to send to Strava again.
and if it wasn't synced already (ie it didn't try to sync and then fail), then just pairing it with the phone again is enough to get it to trigger the sync

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

bilwit wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:09 am
CrankAddictsRich wrote:
Ghost234 wrote:

and if it wasn't synced already (ie it didn't try to sync and then fail), then just pairing it with the phone again is enough to get it to trigger the sync
This is true... for the most part. I've found it doesn't auto-sync the rides all the time though.

bilwit

by bilwit

CrankAddictsRich wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:58 pm
bilwit wrote:
CrankAddictsRich wrote:
Ghost234 wrote:

This is true... for the most part. I've found it doesn't auto-sync the rides all the time though.
hmmm.. I always it pair it and then go to the activities page so that I can visibly see "waiting for sync", maybe that's the missing step? Doing that always works for me (whereas the wifi auto upload by itself thing is a bit sporadic)

Delorre

by Delorre

Hi there, I've received my Bolt today. Everything seems fine, the setup of screens and bike + hr sensors went well. I have already 3 questions for you:

*do you charge you via pc usb ports and if so, do you turn off the Bolt or not while charging? I ask , because 1), it seems to take ages to charge via the pc, and 2) if charge with the Bolt turned off, I get a 'connect' beep from the pc every few secounds, the screen of the bolt light's up and than turns off. This goes on and on. When turned on, charging is 'normal' without any sounds from the pc.
*how do you manage to get a correct speed from your trainer? During my workout, I paired with my Elite Drivo (I didn't have speed without, as I don't have a speed sensor on the bike), and got speeds of 90 and more km/h all the time. I also got wahoo trainer control screens. With my edge 520, I got the strava speed from the trainer, identical to what is displaid on the pc screen and or Zwift app.
*It's impossible to center the mount over the stem. The faceplate of the Pro PLT stem seems too wide. I didn't have that issue with either a Raceware Direct or Barfly 2.0 Garmin mount. Very disappointing! And the stock Wahoo mount is way too bulky, especially on the mount to handlebar interface. A new Raceware Direct will be on my way very soon I guess :evil:

MichaelB

by MichaelB

Petterii wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:08 am
It´s problem if you want to do TSS based training. Like endurnace ride with 200 TSS.

But after i did whole resetting procedure my Bolt has been problem free. Much better than any garmin that i have owned ever.
Sorry if it seems like a dumb question, but did the full reswet sort the incorrect/over-reported IF/TSS that the Bolt shows, evenm with the latest firmware ?

Petterii

by Petterii

^Yes it did for me at least.. But i did FTP test yesterday and same problem. New FTP didn´t update to unit. So again full factory reset and starting from scratch.

chunky666

by chunky666

bilwit wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:59 pm
CrankAddictsRich wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:58 pm
bilwit wrote:
CrankAddictsRich wrote:

hmmm.. I always it pair it and then go to the activities page so that I can visibly see "waiting for sync", maybe that's the missing step? Doing that always works for me (whereas the wifi auto upload by itself thing is a bit sporadic)

Once the App knows a wifi network it should let the unit also sync direct through the wifi without the app I think?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com